Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 12:20 PM

Default I don\'t know how to Beat LAA

Any one can explain to me how I beat LooseAgressive/Agressive?
Sometimes they have hands others don't, but I can't bet, they always raise =/ and I feel lost

someone?
Old 07-06-2007, 12:29 PM

Default Re: I don\'t know how to Beat LAA

You have to go into passive mode a bit more and let them bluff off chips to you when you have even bottom pair. Basically, call them down more often. Go nuts when you have big hands.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:44 PM

man being passive is dificult to me, but I will try, they will stop bluff on the river? where I can value bet?
They never stop =P
Old 07-06-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
man being passive is dificult to me, but I will try

[/ QUOTE ]

Do or do not, there is no try.

[ QUOTE ]
they will stop bluff on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Play passively and find out.

[ QUOTE ]
where I can value bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

When you have a good hand.

[ QUOTE ]
They never stop [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 07-06-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have to go into passive mode a bit more and let them bluff off chips to you when you have even bottom pair. Basically, call them down more often. Go nuts when you have big hands.

[/ QUOTE ]Sounds good. Sometimes I just say to myself, let him have the tiny pot. But when I have something I'm glad to win some big pots and lose the small ones.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:28 PM

You didn't really specify when this is a problem for you. I would say if it is one or two laggies in the game and the rest are pretty tight it may be time for a new table. If that isn't for you then check/raise them from their right (with good hands), iso-raise from their left (with good hands), and fold speculative hands early.

If it is several players at the table playing aggressively and loosely. STAY WHERE YOU ARE!! Play those suited hands and connectors. I stay away from high card hands like AJo, ATo, KQ0 at those tables. Make early decisions on your drawing hands. When you hit, punish them for their transgressions.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:47 PM

Maxinho, my 2 cents:

(1) You HAVE to tighten up. The most crucial and expensive mistake is trying to out-LAG the LAG. Quite frankly, he's probably better at it than you are.

(2) Get ready for big swings. While LAGs are a goldmine for your bankroll, short-term swings can be pretty large. Just a nature of playing a lot of big pots.

(3) You have to have position on the maniac. If he's on your left, you'll be playing OOP against aggressor most of the time. . It's more difficult and less profitable. Perfect position is on your immediate right or one seat off - you'll see more flops cheaper when he raises you on the button and you are in BB.
If I don't have good position on the maniac, I don't mind leaving the table.

(4) Your biggest weapon - isolation reraise with your good hands. You want to be heads-up against him with better cards. By definition - it's long-term +EV. It's almost three-bet or fold, if this guys is first in. This is why position is very important.

(5) Tighten up PREFLOP, but loosen up POSTFLOP. Don't be afraid to call him down with high pairs. Jam better hands.

(6) Try to decipher his tendencies. Although LAAs look like complete loose cannons, they usually have some kind of a strategy. How does he react to PF reraises? What does he cap with? How does he behave when facing aggression? On the flop or turn? If he ever goes into calldown mode, with what holdings? What's his river play like?

(7) Playing LAAs can be very frustrating at times. Don't let your emotions get in the way.

(8) Post hands.

Good luck!
Old 07-06-2007, 01:55 PM

LO -mother f'n L!! Nice pic.

I have this same problem, good advice, but I hate turning into a calling station. Guess it just takes a little bit more experience as well as comfort with one's own ability.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate turning into a calling station

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to adapt your style to the opponent you are facing. Calling down with decent but not great hands is the best against LAAs.

But it won't be exactly a calling station style. Again, you'd be 3-popping preflop a lot (hopefully). That's not ATM style. You'd be jamming like crazy with good hands on all streets. That's not being a calling station - that's being smart poker player.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:06 PM

Yeah, you're right. I guess I only said that because I HAVE turned into a calling station before, and afterwards I was like "WTF was I doing?" I wasn't criticizing your post at all.