Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 12:56 PM

Default Is this ever correct?

My first ever post. I know I'm not new at this game, but I think I.....anyway, just check this out. This hand came up yesterday, kinda kicking myself. Anyway........Live 6/12 at small card room in Bay Area. Lots of WT old timers, a few ATC players.
Hero(have SSHE mostly memorized, consider myself fairly decent.) limps in MP w/A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
1 off CO limps, CO limps, Button limps, SB folds, BB(fairly LAG, play with him at least twice weekly) raises,
Hero calls, 1 off folds, CO calls, Button calls.
Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], BB bets, Hero raises, CA folds, Button Folds, BB raises.
What can he have? He can't have A/Q....right?
Hero calls.
Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], BB C Hero B, BB Calls.
River: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], BB Checks, Hero Bets, BB Checkraises(???), Hero thinks, thinks, thinks, gets dirly looks, thinks, then folds. Was pot too big to fold?
Old 07-06-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Is this ever correct?

raise pf.

looks like A7 on the river. i would still call however unless villain is very passive. this is a very strange line and i would not be surprised to see a moronically played A9, A8, A2 etc.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:07 PM

I'm not sure what the preflop action was, but, from what I gather, I think you should raise preflop. The river is a call. One more bet from a LAG who played his hand weird in a big pot.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:39 PM

Preflop: Raise - but only because you are the fist one to enter the pot. Basically when you are in MP1 or later you should almost almost always be raising or folden when nobody has entered the pot yet.

Flop: Villian certainly could have AQ. Raising was correct to protect your hand and for value. Once you are 3bet villian is definately telling you that you are beat. Usually I'd call and give up on the turn if I don't him something that I like.

Turn: Such a weird play by villian. I do believe that I just want to check it here. If we are ahead villian probably has at most around 10% equity (5-outs) and of course if we are behind we definately want the free card. I won't yell at anybody for betting with the intention of folding to a raise.

River: Under normal circumstances this is a fold. However, villian has confused me so much I truely have no clue what he has and pot is rather big so I'm calling.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:31 PM

Raise preflop, raise flop, bet turn and fold to raise.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:49 PM

My fault for not raising preflop. That's pretty much where I lost this one, I think. Anyway, BB shows 44, so I'm kicking myself. I really was confused on the river, though. Nice play.....I think that's what I said.