Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 03:44 AM

Default short handed razz: bet 6th?

Razz ($0.50/$1), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.15 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (3.10 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (2.55 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (4.55 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (6.55 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

Total pot: (6.55 BB - $6.55)
Old 07-06-2007, 06:50 AM

Default Re: short handed razz: bet 6th?

I'd take a look at the odds you're laying the bringin to also call the 3rd st. raise. We really don't want a hand like 23-Q to have the correct odds to call from the bringin. Often you must reraise 3rd with this hand in order to ensure it's heads up. Not saying that situation exists here - just be sure to do the math and be familiar with the concept.

I do like betting 6th and think it was well played to the end.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:57 AM

I'm fine with it.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:17 PM

On 3s, when someone might be stealing in front of you, you should be raising your legitimate hands frequently.

On 6s, I'm confused. Villain still has the better board: if he does have the 8, he can punish our lead bet by raising. If he doesn't, and we check, he's still betting a good percentage of the time - so the same money goes in for those cases without the risk. However, 2+2ers with a lot more knowledge than I have already posted that they like the 6s lead: I'd be interested in their reasons.

Edit: Oh, yeah - congrats on moving up in stakes!!
Old 07-06-2007, 02:31 PM

I would actually prefer a raise on third myself. By sixth, the other guy could still have about anything underneath. Carlos should be well ahead of his range It would be a shame to give him a free card when he wants one.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would actually prefer a raise on third myself.

[/ QUOTE ]
So would Mr. Sklansky, given his "defense against the semibluff" point. This is one the concepts in SOR that is dead on. If the villain may be trying to steal the antes, you must r/r him with any playable hand to charge him for his (presumed) semibluff.

[ QUOTE ]
By sixth, the other guy could still have about anything underneath. Carlos should be well ahead of his range It would be a shame to give him a free card when he wants one.

[/ QUOTE ]

By raising the semibluff, you also force the villain to define his hand on 3rd st. Fold = trash (obv), 3-bet = monster (usually), call = in between. Even in those rare times where he has a monster, you're not that far behind with a 3-card 7, and you have gained valuable info. You've also bloated the pot to where you have the right odds to peel on 4th almost regardless of how the cards come and see 5th st.