Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 09:49 AM

Default Story about guy who goes ballistic

$325 winner take all single table WSOP satellite at the Rio. With blinds 25/50, guy about 25 who appears to be a reasonably good player raises to 150 from mid position, button calls, and guy about 60 with accent, possibly Greek, calls in BB. Flop come 542, checked to raiser who bets 300, button folds and BB calls. Turn is a 3 for 5423. Preflop raiser bets 300 and BB check raises allin for another 800. Preflop raiser says he has AA. Makes motions to fold. Says BB couldn’t be calling all the way with a 6. Eventually he says “call” and turns over the aces. BB thinks he folded and shows a jack. When BB is informed it was a call, he turns over a 6 for J6o.

Guy with aces gets angry, calling BB a donk. He is particularly mad BB showed the jack, which would have lead him to believe BB had AJ or maybe JJ or a complete float and bluff with QJ or something.

Later, with blinds 50/100, guy with aces in other hand pushes for 400 in early position. Same older guy on the button says “I call you blind.” Short stack goes ballistic, calling caller MF and CS. Short stack takes call as personal insult, but caller has made other loose calls and evidently plays like that. I wasn’t sure that button really hadn’t looked at his cards, but I push for 2500 in SB (button has me covered), button folds, short stack turns up AKo and I have 88. Short stack continues angry cussing at button. Dealer calls floor describing what happened. Two floorpeople and security person show up. I ask that they deal cards, and eventually dealer does and I win hand. Short stack is asked to leave with floors and security.

I wind up HU with same older guy who likes to call. I have 6800 and he has 8200. I offer an even chop, but he wants to chop proportionately. His loose style seems somewhat dangerous HU, so I was willing to make a deal, but not a proportionate one. We play for a while HU. He plays aggressively post flop, and I don’t really outplay him. Blinds go up to 300/600 and I push a lot. With villain having a slight lead, he open pushes and I call with A5o. He shows A8o and the 8 plays. He hadn’t been pushing much preflop, so I second guessed myself about the call, which is standard online.

I don’t know if the guy who got 86ed had lost money earlier or had some personal problems, but he seemed to take the loose player’s plays, showing, and conversation as an attack, when they weren’t meant that way.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Story about guy who goes ballistic

AA makes people do crazy things. they think they're entitled. nice job getting it in there with 88 before he busted.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:14 AM

I wonder what would have happened if BB had A6 and showed the A first and aces flipped over and said okay split pot and then BB showed the 6. I'll bet security would have been required that hand right there.

Anyways, sounds like guy with aces is a hothead loser. He's not going to muck the wheel straight even if it is the ass end of it. You gotta think BB has Ax. So call already and leave the acting to Broadway.

And moving all-in with 4BB?? He expects it to be folded around? What a loser.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:25 AM

the fact that the guy's only thought was "no way you have a 6 here, I call..." is pretty retarded.

how about two-pair? how about a set?

I love people like this by the way - usually they come back from the ATM an hour or two later for revenge. sweeeet sweeeet revenge.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about it? If the other guy had a set or two pair, the AA hand would have won.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the fact that the guy's only thought was "no way you have a 6 here, I call..." is pretty retarded.

I love people like this by the way - usually they come back from the ATM an hour or two later for revenge. sweeeet sweeeet revenge.

[/ QUOTE ]
Guy with AA had a straight and beats 2-pair or a set, and chops with an ace. Plus the raise allin was half pot. the guy with AA played it fine. The guy with J6o made very loose calls preflop in the BB and on the flop with a gutshot.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And moving all-in with 4BB?? He expects it to be folded around? What a loser.

[/ QUOTE ]
With no ante, 4xBB could take the pot. He wasn't mad about getting called. When the same guy said "I call you blind", he took that personally. Obviously, calling blind was
Old 07-05-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don’t know if the guy who got 86ed had lost money earlier or had some personal problems, but he seemed to take the loose player’s plays, showing, and conversation as an attack, when they weren’t meant that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, poker brings out the best in people.

b
Old 07-05-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dealer calls floor describing what happened. Two floorpeople and security person show up. I ask that they deal cards, and eventually dealer does and I win hand. Short stack is asked to leave with floors and security.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lol'd...wasnt there an issue that need to be resolved?
Dealer:"floor !"
Floor shows up with security...
You: "can we deal the cards please"
Old 07-05-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wind up HU with same older guy who likes to call. I have 6800 and he has 8200. I offer an even chop, but he wants to chop proportionately. His loose style seems somewhat dangerous HU, so I was willing to make a deal, but not a proportionate one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betgo,

I'm curious why you didn't want a proportional chop here. You state that villian's play makes the HU a high variance, so why not lock in the correct eV right now? I chopped every WSOP sat when offered for this very reason. What was your reasoning to go all or nothing?