Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 09:31 AM

Default Stars $55 NLTRN TPWK

Villain is an 8% winner over a reasonable sample...

I've raised btn about 5 of my first 6 hands, Villain has either called (5/6), or reraised (1/6) preflop. He has folded his btn about 80% of the time and has put up a lot of resistnace so far post flop. They're my only reads...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Hero (t1110)
BB (t1890)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8, Q.
Hero raises to t60</font>, BB calls t40.

Flop: (t120) 7, Q, 6 (2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets t100</font>, BB raises to t1830</font>, Hero??

t950 to call All-In
Old 07-16-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Stars $55 NLTRN TPWK

This SCEAMS at worst tptk,more likely an over pair. however given your read it might be a case where he thinks your weak, here and you have folded to large raises in the past and is just trying to gain a small pot by way of massive overbet. i would be compelled to call, your gonna be hurting aganst 76,AQ-Q9,AA,KK,QQ,77,66. but there are some draws that a super aggro might be willing to risk a subatatial amount on a semi bluff. the blinds are small enough,IMO, to warrant a fold here to though.waiting for a better spot to get it all in might be the right play, given you havent seem him showdown garbage and he seems fairly tight.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:00 PM

I'd fold. He caught you with a weak kicker so you're either SA or WB.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:23 PM

A little weak to get it in, but with this player you might find yourself loving to get this in 10-20 hands from now if the same hand comes up.

Too early unless you can turn some of those "put up a lot of resistance post flop" reads into "has shoved on me a few times post flop."

Guy is a station OOP and given your broad read of resistance postflop his range is going to be pretty wide on this hand. I still think you have to fold, it just makes it a lot closer.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:53 PM

I'd fold and wait to get better reads. Alot of times in these situations i will think the guy is bluffing, and over aggro but then he will never do it again the whole match, which makes me think he wasnt bluffing in the situation. I wait. If you are a better player than your opponent, the more hands you play the greater your advantage will be.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:28 PM

Never fold here...If you ever like folding in this spot you shouldn't bet the flop in the first place. If the guy has played all 6 hands there is no excuse for folding or giving the guy this type of credit: "This SCEAMS at worst tptk,more likely an over pair." PLZZZ
Old 07-16-2007, 09:10 PM

Thanks for the replies all.

Seems a fold is almost unanimous. I've just moved up to the 55's, but given my sample of play on the 22's and 33's I'd call this in less than a Second usually at those stakes. Is this closer to a fold as I move up?

I basically couldn't see him playing a JQ+ this way or KK+, looks a lot more like some sort of str8 draw (5,8 5,4 4,9 etc) or weak made hand (7x, 88-JJ) or random junk so I called pretty quickly.

He flipped over Q9 ftw, I wonder if this could just as easily have been Q2 - Q8 exluding 2 pr combos.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Never fold here...If you ever like folding in this spot you shouldn't bet the flop in the first place. If the guy has played all 6 hands there is no excuse for folding or giving the guy this type of credit: "This SCEAMS at worst tptk,more likely an over pair." PLZZZ

[/ QUOTE ]

While I disagree that this always screams top pair or whatever, if he hasn't been raising like every cbet on dry flops then I don't think it is profitable to call here.

I don't know why you think just because he is a station OOP that this call is profitable. I strongly disagree.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:35 PM

what I was saying was if ur gonna bet 100 (which is the basically the full pot), and only leave urself 900-1000 chips if you fold...you shouldn't bet w/ the intention of folding. You do that long enough, you'll get run over/grinded down repeatedly.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:38 AM

FWIW I'd bet 80 and fold to the shove. If I thought my opponent would call a shove with that sort of hand I would just start shoving my nutty hands, but then I'd be playing 33s all over again.