Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 03:54 AM

Default $11 How bad was this call?

This is an ATC push right? Do I need to tone down my bubble owning at these stakes due to players not realizing when to correctly fold?

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t500 (4 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

UTG (t3078)
Button (t4297)
SB (t1169)
Hero (t4956)

Preflop:
1 fold</font>, Button calls t500, 1 fold</font>, Hero raises to t4956 (All-In)</font>, Button calls t3797 (All-In).

Flop: (t9503) A[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]], 4[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]], 9[[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] (2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t9503) T[[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] (2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: (t9503) 5[[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]](2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Hero has 5c 3h (one pair, fives).
Button has 9d Kd (one pair, nines).
Outcome: Button wins t8844. BB wins t659.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:02 AM

Default Re: $11 How bad was this call?

You WILL show the hand down alot. I check because sb has less then 1000 and you're in great shape to finish itm. This is just spew. Getting ITM is what you care about. This is never a good push unless villain tells you he will fold always.

In fact a push is probably only correct with AA and maybe KK here.

EDIT: As far as the call with K9, thats worse then your push, which was horrible in it's own right.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:10 AM

I like this if button is capable of throwing hands away.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like this if button is capable of throwing hands away.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the problem, this is a $11. Also there is a chance villain is slow playing, given how low shortie is this is major spew. Bad players limp then call, good players shove or fold.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:24 AM

From a $114 today

Seat 1: Idiot (5370 in chips)
Seat 5: Rockstar (4055 in chips)
Seat 7: 1940 in chips
Seat 9: 2135 in chips
Rockstar: posts small blind 100
Dude: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Idiot [Jc Th]
Guy: folds
Idiot: raises 5170 to 5370 and is all-in
Rockstar: calls 3955 and is all-in
Dude: folds
*** FLOP *** [4c Td 6h]
*** TURN *** [4c Td 6h] [8d]
*** RIVER *** [4c Td 6h 8d] [As]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Rockstar: shows [Ah Qh] (a pair of Aces)
Idiot: shows [Jc Th] (a pair of Tens)

Don't worry they pop up no matter what level you play. This (-2% against ATC) is actually pretty tame compared to some of [censored] I see. And yeah his call is really bad.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:21 AM

His call is terrible, but you must have seen him make some ridiculous calls before this hand? Why risk all your chips against the one stack that can bust you? It's completely unnecessary. Take a free flop - you're not desperate for the chips.

Oh - and if you've been pulling this move a lot, K high ain't so bad a call ...
Old 07-03-2007, 08:26 AM

Well - OK, K9 is a pretty bad call even if you've been doing it every hand. But you gotta know that if you're doing this every hand, someone's gonna get fed up and call you loose. You should also have been a lot more worried about him having a much bigger hand - a button limp when you've been auto-pushing? That should have set off some alarm bells in your head right then.

Players at this level mostly do not understand bubble considerations - and they have no discipline, especially if they think they're being abused. Don't autopush with a huge stack unless everyone left in the hand is very short compared to you. Never risk it against another huge stack.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why risk all your chips against the one stack that can bust you? It's completely unnecessary. .

[/ QUOTE ]

I think people are reading the HH wrong. Hero has Button covered so that makes this a +EV push with ATC.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:34 AM

too advanced play here u cant expect him to fold very much cause he doesnt know anything about bubble play. but this push is definitaly -ev. his call is obv terrible but thats the level of play in the 11$ sngs. also alot of the low lvl sng player will trap with big hands they just love it either by minraising(so deceptive lol ) or by just limping in. its way better to just fold here and wait for a good push on the shorties with an above avg hand. dont get involved with the other big stack on the bubble u can win so many chips by picking on the other guys.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why risk all your chips against the one stack that can bust you? It's completely unnecessary. .

[/ QUOTE ]

I think people are reading the HH wrong. Hero has Button covered so that makes this a +EV push with ATC.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know he has button covered. They're within 1.3BB of each other - as far as I'm concerned, that is a stack that can bust me.

It's not an ATC push - what is button's calling range? I'd put it at 100% of his limping hands - ie no FE - given that hero has been abusing the table like this and - remember - IT'S AN 11. You're assuming button understands bubble considerations.