Hero: t2120
UTG+1: t1975
MP1: t805
MP2: t1410
CO: t1380
Button: t1725
SB: t2620
BB: t1465

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero calls t60 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t90)</font>, 4 folds, Button calls t60 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t150)</font>, SB calls t30 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t210)</font>, BB checks.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t240, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets t240</font>, Button calls t240 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t480)</font>, 2 folds.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t720, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets t420</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in t1425</font>, Hero?

No reads on the villain. Also, how do you like my turn bet?
Old 07-04-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: ($12) Flopped set vs. a push on a flushing turn

i like to check the turn

seems that villain will make same move w/ J10o, maybe even J8 or some other hand of mediocrity

youre already invested regardless, you have to call...but chances are youre well ahead

in smaller buyin SNGs, villain will often just smooth call here and wait until river to push
Old 07-04-2007, 12:52 PM

Well, the Jd was a better turn card than the 6d.

It really stinks but you have to call. You will be ahead a decent amount here with a huge overaly plus you have 10 outs if you are behind.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:56 PM

I think its well played through turn including bet. Turn card really sucks but I'd call the shove. There is over 2500 in pot and its ~1000 to call, and there are plenty of hands in his range at a $12 you're ahead of like JT, QJ that were calling for straight draws, other crap you could never possibly guess, and even 44/88. I would guess you're still ahead here around half the time?

If his straight or flush got there then you still have outs, and your diamond might even be live if he's got something like Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Old 07-04-2007, 01:02 PM

It sucks but you gotta call. I like the bets all around, you're not giving him the odds to make his flush.

I don't know why you'd check the turn, IMO. It's basically screaming "Uh-Oh I'm scared take the pot away from me". You can check with the intention of calling a shove, but if you want to let the hand go I think you need to bet and then fold if he raises, because then you at least give yourself a chance to win the pot. I would only c/f if you had a solid read on the villain. I don't like the c/c since you give him the option of a free card that he might need, and if you're going to call you're committing yourself anyway so you might as well just get it in.

It's entirely possible he called your flop bet w/ A9o with the A of diamonds. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a pair and the flush draw. He's going to have the flush some of the time, but you beat most of his range and even if he has a flush and/or straight sometimes you're going to make the house on the river and take it down regardless.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:07 PM

He's as likely to have JT as the flush or the straight and you have outs. I'm not folding.

Checking the turn may be best, although I don't like it - he may still be drawing and may have picked up a flush draw also - but c/c on the turn and c/c or c/f on the river if you miss seems reasonable. It depends a bit on villain. If checking is likely to induce bluffiness, I'm more inclined to do it. If my notes say "soooooooted", I'm definitely in pot control mode.

If I lead the turn it's because I think I'm still ahead and I'm happy to get it AI against this villain, so I lead a lot stronger than this - 600+.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:12 PM

Just to add, I open raise this pre-flop. Maybe a bad habit from cash, but with stacks reasonably deep I prefer not to let a load of junk in behind me. I never open limp, and I'm not open folding this hand.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:19 PM

i dont raise with 99 utg this early in a sng. open folding this is never a bad play imo.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:23 PM

Raising is not good 8h utg.

OP, Bet more on the turn and make an easy call. So many hands you are ahead of, especially at this level.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:24 PM

assuming you call the push, nh