Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 05:55 AM

Default PLO8 100 - Middle Set sees ugly turn

3-handed, very aggro game on Poker.com

BB - he's folded one hand preflop, usually raises pot 70% of time, minraises 25%, limps 4.9999%. Can be trappy postflop

SB - I've been really tight preflop, mostly due to horrendous cards and hitting zero flops (only hand I won in the past 100 hands was turning quads and firing 1/2 pot, geting no callers).

Button - Usually limps, rarely folds a hand preflop, thinks I'm a moron after I 3-bet shoved on a AJ5 two-diamond board with 236J with diamonds (I hit, he lost with AJQT), loves calling big bets with backdoor draws/bad straight draws and fires hard on scare cards when checked to.

Button - $56
Me - $95
BB - $250

Button limps, I limp Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], BB minraises, Button calls, I call. Pot is $6

Flop 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, BB checks, Button fires pot for $6, I make it $17, BB folds, Button calls, Pot is $40ish

Turn T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

He has $37 or so left, do I shove him in, check/call, check/fold? I haven't played this short-handed and aggressive PLO8 cash before so this is a really nasty spot for me here [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2007, 10:34 AM

Default Re: PLO8 100 - Middle Set sees ugly turn

Based on your description of Button, I would think check/call. He may fold to a bet if he's got something like J2xx, but you could induce a bet from a hand you're beating. And if you're behind to a made straight, you still have as many as 17 outs...
Old 06-30-2007, 03:40 PM

Burdz - The thing is, it's highly unlikely the ten helped Button. (I'd be more worried about a queen or a seven here). But he still could be drawing, in which case he could out-draw you. When he calls the flop bet it is very difficult to put him on cards.

Since he thinks you're a moron, but bets scare cards, if he's still on a draw, does he check behind you and take the free river card, or does he bet this?

Bart might be right about inducing a bluff by checking.

(However, I like that play better on the river than the turn).

I'd directly bet here because your hand is not strong enough to slow play, and if Bart is wrong about inducing a bluff, you miss a bet and risk disaster.

Bear in mind that I'm a limit player.

Buzz
Old 06-30-2007, 04:03 PM

You have blockers.. shove
Old 07-02-2007, 04:48 PM

Your default play should be to bet, especially considering the stack sizes. Obviously if hes aggressive enough let him fire into you, but if you've picked him off recently he might take a free card this time.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:37 AM

If he is drawing for a straight then 90% he already got the ten in his holecards so he didnt have a straight now. its also possible he just bet the flop with J2 or J9 so I would prefer bet pot.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:30 AM

either he has the straight (and you have outs) or he has a better set and it looks like you've hit a st8. bet out on the frickin turn and go with the flow.

3-handed, this is the most trivial shove i can imagine.