Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 09:03 AM

Default pokerroom -fishiest HU site? + LC story (NLTRN)

You guys may remember me complaining that Pokerroom wouldn't process my cashout of $180 because I've moved to South Africa. Well I kept peppering them with emails until they eventually agreed to do it, at which point nothing happened. I then sent them another email asking what was going on and they replied with a replica of the very first email I got from them, ie back to the start of a 2 month email ordeal. At this point I banged my head on the wall and gave up.

A couple months later I thought screw them, they not just gonna keep my money, I'll play HU until it's gone or enough to be worth fighting for. Register for a $100 and win it quickly. Then I got my 'high stakes' wish and played my first $200. My opponents were as follows:

Game1 ($200) : Just mind-bogglingly tight-passive. Never raised preflop and folded everything in sight. In first couple hands he had AK and called a flop bet from my middle pair on A82 board and then checked it to the river. I think he bet twice after that and I folded like lightning. I basically won by betting every flop and him folding 9/10 of them

Game2($200): Won second hand when he pushed A8 after I raised with QQ with 2.5k starting stacks and 10/20 blinds...lol

Game 3 ($200): He started ok but he completely lost his patience after 10 minutes or so and started open pushing every hand with his stack at 2.5k (we're even) and 15/30 blinds. I get KK after 6 or so pushes and bust him (he had QJ)

These 3 villains were way worse than the average $33 Tilt/stars player

So anyway my account is now healthy enough to start fighting for my money but I'm starting to think I should be playing on pokerroom HU even with the 7.5% rake.
Is there anyone on the forums who plays on Pokerroom? I'd be interested to hear their experiences if there are.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Re: pokerroom -fishiest HU site? + LC story (NLTRN)

i used to play on poker room till the whole neteller deal. i built my once healthy Online Br there. i once won 13 strait 200 6man sng. and that was before i acctually thoght about anything. just playing str8 up my cards. then procceded to build my br to 60 buy@ $1/2nl, cashed it out to teller, transfered it to Fulltilt. then the whole internet crap happened in march cashed out 10k, lost the other 3 or so to the 3/6 6max nl tables in about 2 hours. stoped playing online till recenlty......so yeah poker room is VERY VERY fishy IMO.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:09 PM

Keep degening that bankroll, play 500s (if they have em).

I have like 800 bucks on bodog, but they only go up to 110 I think.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:52 PM

if the SW wasn't such an unstable piece of [censored] I think I'd make that place my home. The PLO games are unbelievably good too fwiw.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:05 PM

well, its a similiar thing with Party. Its 10% rake and cwar says that there is _NO WAY_ to make up for that 5% extra rake (I believe him). And I mean, we are talking about Party here.

Hard to imagine these 2.5% are going to change this for pokerroom. Im interested in cwars opinion though.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:00 PM

And I assume this site is not open to US players, right?
Old 07-02-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And I assume this site is not open to US players, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, I dunno