Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Awkward hand means awkward river

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.25. MP2 posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (6.40 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

River: (10.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero ?????

CO may be betting anything. He is erratic, he is 56/0/.75 after 39 hands and his passive post flop stat doesn't mean he is betting a legitimate hand. He will usually bet if checked to. The other players were new at the table. No read. No stats at the time of the hand.

What do I do with this river? Bet it and fold to a raise? Check it and c/r if CO bets when checked to? Or check call it? Or do I bet/call? I think I have a better hand than CO does but I'm afraid of the passive players, one of whom may have hit a better flush. What do you do?
Old 06-28-2007, 10:39 PM

Default Re: Awkward hand means awkward river

I'm donking and calling if it's one back. If it's two more, I'm looking to fold.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm donking and calling if it's one back. If it's two more, I'm looking to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-28-2007, 11:39 PM

I has a flush I bet
Old 06-28-2007, 11:43 PM

lol @ looking to fold
Old 06-29-2007, 12:13 AM

I would check.

If you donk-bet here you run the risk that the only caller you`ll get will be a (higher) flush. Some pairs or two pairs KT or T9 might call you. But you give them the extra chance to fold the made hand. By checking you give them a chance to bet a hand despite the flush-danger on board. My experience is that in micro-limits players are tempting to bet this hands here especially in LP but they rather fold if you bet first. So if someone has a hand you have a good chance to check-raise, which i wouldn`t recomend here especially if the bet doesnīt come from the CO (or CO-1). With 4 other players you might run into a higher flush.

If no one has a hand you lose nothing by checking. So my estimation is you make more profit here by checking the flush.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would check.

If you donk-bet here you run the risk that the only caller you`ll get will be a (higher) flush. Some pairs or two pairs KT or T9 might call you. But you give them the extra chance to fold the made hand. By checking you give them a chance to bet a hand despite the flush-danger on board. My experience is that in micro-limits players are tempting to bet this hands here especially in LP but they rather fold if you bet first. So if someone has a hand you have a good chance to check-raise, which i wouldn`t recomend here especially if the bet doesnīt come from the CO (or CO-1). With 4 other players you might run into a higher flush.

If no one has a hand you lose nothing by checking. So my estimation is you make more profit here by checking the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

no one is folding two pair.

people hardly ever fold top pair.

lol at checking b/c "no one will call". you ever play poker before dude?
Old 06-29-2007, 12:43 AM

woot. Hello valuetown! hero makes his hand on the river so hero bets and expects to be paid off by a surprising number of hands. Our objective here is to get as many bets from weaker hands rather that to blow them out of the water. bet &gt; CR.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:15 AM

O M G!

there is never a

"no one is folding two pair.
people hardly ever fold top pair."

simply donīt give them the extra-chance to make good decisions, but give them any chance to make bad decisions and probably some extra money for you.

As for you: I am the guy who fold two pair or top pair on the river depending on my pair(s), the board, the number of players and the betting patterns. 5+ players and clear draws out is a clear fold. You need about 19-1 to call for a bluff on the river.

But iīm glad about every sucker who call my flushes here.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:35 AM

I'm leading this flop because I want 6 people putting in monies. I'm betting the river because I made the hand I wanted to make. There be Variance thar! But really, flush over isn't that common.