Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 01:59 AM

Default IS BELLAGIO NUTS???

$2500 FO... 5k starting stacks... 4 hours in the floor finds out a player reentered the tourney through late reg after busting early... he had almost 25k chips in play... he claimed to honestly not know he coudln't buy back in... the floor took his chips ouot of play from the tournament and refunded his entry fee FROM THE PRIZE POOL. Is there something ridiculous here??
Old 06-30-2007, 02:13 AM

Default Re: IS BELLAGIO NUTS???

Wow... that's gotta be a terrible way to handle that situation... but honestly the only thing I think better is to disqualify him and have his stack be blinded out
Old 06-30-2007, 03:07 AM

Too bad they couldn't identify the guys he busted. Then they could give his entry fee to them....

Personally I'd have him forfeit the entry fee but that would probably result in unwanted litigation. Hopefully someone kicked him in the nuts on the way out....
Old 06-30-2007, 03:40 AM

If the floor believes that the player made an honest mistake what do you want him to do? Does Bellagio have a system in place to prevent this sort of thing? Are players informed they can't do this? It seems to me that Bellagio ought to consider that this sort of thing may happen.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:47 AM

Some of the smaller tournaments allow this, like PH, Bally's/Paris, TI, etc., so it was probably an honest mistake.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:14 AM

No, I'd blame the establishment. For $2500, they should be better organized than this, so it's an honest mistake for him, not for B. But, you can't unring that bell, so refund him and remov his chips or let his stack blind off until the table breaks then remove them.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:18 AM

If Dikshit caught him doing this, they would have driven him to the bank at gunpoint, and had him empty out all his accounts, and then barred him from ever entering any bellagio/mgm properties ever. Also, they would allocate his buy-in+networth towards a pool of money dedicated towards fighting cheaters. Here is a artists rendition of that pool:

I think the bellagio handled it fine.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:36 PM

lol, I was wondering why they made an extra point to announce that rule last night at the 2nd chance. They said that if you get caught doing it your money wont be refunded.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:04 PM

this EXACT same thing happened in a daily 1k a few weeks ago... with like 3 or 4 tables left someone at our table pointed out a bigstack at another table that had busted in the first hour... someone at the table said "well they'll kick him out and give him back his money" and i immediately offered to bet $500 that the kid would not get his money back... obv i lost the bet and the kid was refunded his second $1k buyin and i was left tilting at the ruling.

bottom line this is not the first or even the second time this has happened in a bellagio tourney with a > 1k buyin. the bellagio staff seems to be lacking.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:19 PM

All part of Bellagio still living in the last century. Every other major tourney room (Wynn, Caesars, Venetian, even Mirage) has computerized tournament entries. So if they don't want you to reenter it should be a simple matter to prevent it. But since Bellagio believes paper and pen is better than computers, they have this problem.