Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Possible live PLO8 at the Venetian 6/22(LC)

Looks like there may be a 2/5 PLO8 game at the Venetian this friday evening, maybe 9 or 10. Ill be the bearded one getting his ass kicked.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Possible live PLO8 at the Venetian 6/22(LC)

i'll be there july 4th weekend. let's get a game going .
Old 06-22-2007, 11:04 AM

I'd be interested in playing live PLO8 around the event next week, but my gut is that the game will be a disaster, between players and dealers having difficulty (or at least taking a lot of time) to figure out how much a player can bet/raise ... and when dealers change, we'll be right back to square one. Hands will take forever, and it might devolve into one of those situations where the players run the game, which usually isn't good. I think I might be more inclined to stick to the limit games at the Rio.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:36 PM

We got a 2/5 plo game going at Orleans one night last year.. they made sure they only put dealers that had a bit of a clue in the game so it didn't end up like that.. I'm sure a 2 minute talk with the room manager would make sure you got better dealers. I have never been to the venetian room though.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:35 PM

10 pm Caesars Palace PLO 8/ob
Old 06-23-2007, 04:08 PM

By may you must have meant, absolutely no chance. There was no list man. There was a list for PLO no low and I signed up for that stuff, but one douche bag ruined it. 8 people out of 10 barely show up at 11pm to start the game. 4 have like 200 bucks and 4 are deep stacked. Old floor guy who sucks at life says, "its a 5/5 game minimum buy in must be 400 dollars." Half the table, "WTF?". I say, "Make it 2/5 then so we can all play, anything to get the game going." Everyone except one, "yeah whatever I just want to play omaha, 2/5 is fine whatever to get it going." One deepstacked douche bag, "No, it has to be minimum 400 I wont play otherwise." 2 people leave. I see this and get the hell out of there as well. Start playing some NL holdem doing all right, about 30-40 minutes later omaha game gets going, but I am too pissed and also kicking ass in holdem to leave. Omaha game lasts like 3 hours, then 3 people go bust and because of the high buy in no one replaces them. I was there for about 8 hours so I saw all of this unfold. I heard it was a wild game though for those 3 hours or so it lasted.

Summary:
Venetian no limit holdem rules. The head floor dude keeps looking down at people and seems to hate everyone and his job. Wanna be high rollers piss me off. Who the hell says, "if its not 400 minimum buy in I wont play." WTF. Everyone that wasnt the old dude who runs the Venetian floor was really friendly and overall I had a great time. He just needs to not give people the, "OMG you are so retarded stare." Not everyone lives at the Venetian and knows everything there is to know.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:44 PM

OK, i completely screwed the pooch. THe game was supposed to be at cesars, not the venetian. The game DOES go off at cesars, Mrcheckraise is either a floor or the manager there and the PLO8 game is his baby and hell do anythign in his power to see that game happen. Treated us very well. Supposed to be happening every friday and saturday, although i wont be around for the next one.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:03 PM

oh god . .. i'll be in town jul 3-8. let's go go gadjet this thing.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:26 PM

I will have to check out Caesars on Friday night, what blinds/buyins were being used?
Old 06-26-2007, 10:49 AM

they were doing a 2-5 blind with a $200-1000 buy in. The action can be sweet. This is possibly the coolest thing ive ever seen: guy live straddles UTG, the next guy asks if he can restraddle. Hes told no, so he just says, fine, I pot it in the dark.

Dont get too much of that online.