Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 10:55 PM

Default A7s, too early to play? Or played wrong?

The jury may be split on preflop I know some would fold it instantly, some would raise it if they play it, I probably should have folded it but I didn't.

The table is pretty loose and passive except for villain who is a tough and interesting player s/he is 36/9/2.63 after 61 hands. Looks at too many flops but seems to raise about the right number and has been tight and tough post flop.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Pretty standard or should I have called down in this pot against this player?
Old 06-28-2007, 11:06 PM

Default Re: A7s, too early to play? Or played wrong?

PF whatever, if you're good postflop then play the hand

whats your reasoning behind raising the flop though? the board is completely drawless and non-threatening (i LOL if you say "see where i'm at...")
Old 06-28-2007, 11:11 PM

I don't play A7s this early, but you say loose/passive table, whatever, limp is fine.

I don't raise the flop myself. Board couldn't be any less scary and the pot isn't huge. 6x isn't going anywhere, Ax probably isn't going anywhere. The other players don't have odds to call, but if they want to stick around for a 2 outer or some backdoor draws, I'd let them and just call.

As played, yes, lead the turn, and I'd probably fold here too. You don't beat that many other aces and will probably end up chopping, while 6x has you down to two outs.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:05 AM

The flop raise made sense for a PFR. Like this you are folding too many that you are ahead against. And, villain doesn't give you much credit for a better A.

I like the turn b/f though.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:34 AM

Nice hand.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:27 AM

Limping with AXs and loose/passive table is ok. But, when you hit the ace on a multiway-flop it isnīt worth much. Also the 2 sixes are dangerous. There might be 65s or 76s (or offsuited) out there (BB could have any freak cards). The BB bets the flop against 5 players. He has top pair like you or trips. He probably would not bet a medium pocket pair here which would be the only serious chance for you to be WA. Against trips you are WB, and against another ace chances are more complex. The BB might hold A9s-A2s or AJ-A2. So against an ace you might be ahead. But against an ace or trips and a possible raise behind you, you are enough behind to consider folding.

If you decide to play your hand, you have to play it defensively. The standard-line is Check-Call it down, hope for the best, expect the worst. But your raise on the flop is interesting. I like it. It can be a nice part of the defensive tactic to see the river at minimal costs. You eliminate, you exert some pressure and often you buy a cheap lunch on the turn. Here you missed an excellent check to see his cards for only one Big Bet.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:41 AM

It seems like the BB would check-call if he had the Ace, unless he was bluffing, which seems to be almost pointless at micro-stakes limit hold 'em. I agree, nice raise to throw him off the Ace, but Axs in early position seems to be looking more for the flush draw than the ace to pair. Every situation varies, as we all know, depending on the character of the BB here. It's a scary board, but if you bet the turn so that he wouldn't bet into you on the river, you've achieved the same result that checking on the turn would have brought you...you've spent 50 more cents. Checking the turn, however, would have brought you the free river card, and improvement would definitely mean you see his hand. If you're determined to spend 50 cents more, I would do it on the river instead of the turn, since it was checked to you. But that's just me.

Cameron
Old 06-29-2007, 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The table is pretty loose and passive except for villain who is a tough and interesting player s/he is 36/9/2.63 after 61 hands. Looks at too many flops but seems to raise about the right number and has been tight and tough post flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its % of VP$ITP so if player have VP$ITP abount 18 and PFR about 10 its ok, but if player have VP$ITP abount 30 and still PFR about 10 so he rasie PF to much - 10% of hands he plays(30% all hands he have)
Old 06-29-2007, 07:23 AM

JJ, PFR is the percentage raised of hands dealt and it doesnt matter how many hands villian plays.

Mr 30/10 and Mr 18/10 are raising have both raised 10% of hands the dealer gave them. mkay.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:27 AM

So i missunderstand this stat.
Thx for mark my bad thinking.