Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Hypo Question

Okay, now anyone who has played with me or seen posts made in various forums know that I am a small winner since june 2003.

BRAG: Winning player
BEAT: 20k in four years

I spend alot of money on poker books also, even the bad ones... just to stimulate thinking more than anything.

So, this morning during my commute I was daydreaming about poker and this came up...

It is Day 2 of the Main Event, you get pocket nines. You open raise about 4x the blind. One person calls and Phil Ivey calls from the button.

The flop is taken three-way and is 9 8 2 rainbow.

You bet out about half the pot, the middle guy folds and Ivey holding pocket eights re-raises thinking.. if you have 99 he is crushed, AKs you will fold and TT, JJ, QQ, KK and AA.. he will double thru you.

Long story short... it gets all-in on the flop and the hands are shown. You offer to run it three times if Ivey will give you 10% of his action. (you have him covered).

You are guaranteed to win two-thirds of the pot and have an outside shot of a 10% stake in Ivey.

Does this sound like a good deal, or should it be a higher percentage or possibly run more or less times?

Flame away if you want.. it's just Kevroc but, its a boring Thursday morning and I like to hear replies.

Oh, and I'm posting this in BBV4L because this is the forum I read the most...
Old 06-28-2007, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Hypo Question

BAD BEATS ARE LIKE BUGS
Old 06-28-2007, 10:53 AM

How deep are your stacks? Regardless, 10% is way too low, and if we're factoring in pride, NO DEAL WHATSOEVER BABY.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How deep are your stacks? Regardless, 10% is way too low, and if we're factoring in pride, NO DEAL WHATSOEVER BABY.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, stack sizes are important but, lets assume M's of like 12-15 range. Nothing crazy. Something that would give Ivey a small stack if he snagged a third but, enough to get back into the fray.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:04 AM

hell no.. im taking all Ivey's chips and trash talking him...
"come on american get out YEAH YEAH... look how he's playing.. your a professional player and i can do this to you.. you are terrible player.. this is disgraceful.. bring more Americans on... you play that as bad as you can and your career is finished... you are gone gone gone... feel the power can you feel my power? i got you covered is this how you play? which school you been to? what is this? i got you covered like a baby, up up and away, on your bike.. no he doesnt deserve any applause... read my strategy and dont overplay second nuts..." (with thanks to Tony G)
Old 06-28-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hell no.. im taking all Ivey's chips and trash talking him...
"come on american get out YEAH YEAH... look how he's playing.. your a professional player and i can do this to you.. you are terrible player.. this is disgraceful.. bring more Americans on... you play that as bad as you can and your career is finished... you are gone gone gone... feel the power can you feel my power? i got you covered is this how you play? which school you been to? what is this? i got you covered like a baby, up up and away, on your bike.. no he doesnt deserve any applause... read my strategy and dont overplay second nuts..." (with thanks to Tony G)

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I take back the "no" I voted for you in the popular vote thingy.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:24 AM

i can't really answer this question without knowing a bit more of your life story.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BAD BEATS ARE LIKE BUGS

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i can't really answer this question without knowing a bit more of your life story.

[/ QUOTE ]

im broke

im a idiot i blew my 100 dollars in a 5 10 cent game last night and im broke and the week before that i had my bankroll up to 290 and lost that in the 1 2 game in 15 minutes so im angry now and my mom keeps telling me your a [censored] idiot ull never make it in poker so does everyone else but all of u will see and when im rich ill invite everyone on myspace friends to a hudge party
Old 06-28-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im broke

im a idiot i blew my 100 dollars in a 5 10 cent game last night and im broke and the week before that i had my bankroll up to 290 and lost that in the 1 2 game in 15 minutes so im angry now and my mom keeps telling me your a [censored] idiot ull never make it in poker so does everyone else but all of u will see and when im rich ill invite everyone on myspace friends to a hudge party

[/ QUOTE ]

Literally spit Mt Dew on my computer after reading this. This really is a place for degenerate gamblers...