Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 01:32 AM

Default 25NL - TT Fold FLop?

What do you think about the flop action? The villain seemed very average, no major reads. I figure after his flop raise he has a range of something like 22, 55+, AK, KT+, plus any number of flush draws. Is this a good example of where reverse implied odds tells us to fold (since we're possibly already way behind, plus he has the chance at easily improving while we're drawing to two outs)?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.10/$0.25 Blinds
6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $23.90
Hero (BB): $24.05
UTG: $18.50
MP: $29.60
CO: $25.00
BTN: $71.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, MP folds, CO calls $0.25, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.60</font>, UTG folds, CO calls $1.35

Flop: ($3.55) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.50</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $5.00</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $2.50 returned to CO

Pot Size: $8.55 ($0.40 Rake)
Old 06-28-2007, 01:40 AM

Default Re: 25NL - TT Fold FLop?

I don't mind the fold here especially if the villain isnt especially laggy or anything. Have you seen villain minraise the flop with FDs before? I don't think this is a very common play and most normal villains will just call with a FD.

If you don't believe he could have a K, or you put him on such a wide range, then I would 3b and find out then take note for future reference. I can see him folding the majority of your assigned range to a 3b though I prob make it a bit tighter as I don't think many villains would raise with a hand like 66 or KT.

In summary, the majority of the time I would just fold but if i think his range is a bit wider (if you thought it was more laggy) then I might 3b depending on my mood.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Re: 25NL - TT Fold FLop?

bump