Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 09:11 AM

Default An interesting hand from Caesers Indiana.

Me and brother went to Caesers Indiana yesterday to play some limit poker. The only game they really had going was a 2-4-4-8 game. To make a long story short, let me get straight to the very odd hand that played out.

My brother is on the button after 6 limpers and raises. I fold on the small blind and 7 players see the flop. It is checked around to him, and he bets. It is folded around to the cutoff who tells the dealer..."I only have one card." The dealer then precedes to say, "here ya go" and gives him one after the flop is out. The flop was 982 rainbow, so you know.

Here is the crazy thing though...the guy in the cutoff limped in and called a raise with only one card!!! The turn is another 8 and the river a brick, the cutoff wins with trip 8's. He goes on to say that he got the 8 from the dealer.

I thought this was extremely strange, but I was not in the hand so I couldn't call the floor. However, my brother didn't want to call the floor on the flop because he is sitting there with aces. Regardless, I still think that the cutoff's hand should have been dead....thoughts?
Old 06-28-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Re: An interesting hand from Caesers Indiana.

Cutoff should never get another card in this situation. It's the players responsibility to protect their hand, and since significant action happened (that's an understatement) they should not get another card. Absolutely call the floor here. Dealer is an idiot. Floor might have ruled that cutoff can play the hand out with only one card.

How does someone get to the flop with only one card?
Old 06-28-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: An interesting hand from Caesers Indiana.

[ QUOTE ]
Floor might have ruled that cutoff can play the hand out with only one card.

[/ QUOTE ] No way is that happening. The player with one card has a dead hand.