Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 03:57 PM

Default How bad did I donk this up?

2/5 NLHE cash. I have ~800 to start the hand, both villains cover.

LP makes it 15 2 calls to me in BB I call w/ 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].($60)

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet 60. PFR calls, 1 fold, SB calls.($240)

Turn 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB checks, I bet 150(?) both players call.($690)

Its important to note the PFR seems pretty loose both pf and postflop. Calls too much. SB is a tight, solid player. I put the PFR on the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] w/ maybe a pair and SB on a set/higher flush. Obv. though I more or less just dont want to see the board pair/spade hit on the river, unless its the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] of course.

River 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB immediately fired 300. I was disgusted and folded and PFR did as well.

Should I be moving in on the turn here? After the hand I felt like I didnt bet enough on the turn. IDK, I guess in the heat of the moment I was willing to let them try and draw at me to extract more monies.(I was stuck a buyin at this point.)

FWIW after the hand SB said he had 66 for a rivered boat and Mr.LoosePassive was crowing that he had the nut spade draw.(Shocker)

Did I donk up the turn here, or what?
Old 06-27-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: How bad did I donk this up?

I think you played it fine, I think most of the time you are good on the river though.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:07 PM

This is a tough spot but I think I'd call given your odds - I don't see how SB would check-call 3-way the flop and turn with a set on that board unless he's playing super conservative. Most SBs who flop a set would lead that flop or c/r it, not c/c 3-way. I think you have odds to call, he could easily have 2pair or pure air.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you played it fine, I think most of the time you are good on the river though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? You dont think the board pairing is a death sentence in this spot?
Old 06-27-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a tough spot but I think I'd call given your odds - I don't see how SB would check-call 3-way the flop and turn with a set on that board unless he's playing super conservative. Most SBs who flop a set would lead that flop or c/r it, not c/c 3-way. I think you have odds to call, he could easily have 2pair or pure air.

[/ QUOTE ]
Trust me, he was. I would bet my whole BR that he had me beat here.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:17 PM

I think you played it good, I think you could have maybe bet more on the turn, but I think you are very often beat on the river. I don't think you are good nearly enough to justify this call here. Its far more likely he played a set like this than any other possible holding. He is showing big strength betting 300 into 2 other players
Old 06-27-2007, 05:01 PM

240 in pot going to turn 3 way. You are reasonably sure one person has spade draw and other has boat draw. You know if one calls, the other cant fold... and the spade draw LP PFR is loose and not very good. "Its important to note the PFR seems pretty loose both pf and postflop. Calls too much."
This is ideal for you. You can now charge him way too much for his draw, and you know he will still most likely call. Not only that, but once he calls, the SB will be forced to call this overly large bet as well.
So again... the pot is 240 going to the turn, a blank hits... I would bet anywhere from 225-240 here. Even if LP loose player knows you are strong (suspects you have a set or flush already) he isn't going to fold his hand. And due to his call, the SB wont be able to fold either.
IMO it is very important to know when you can profit from making larger than normal bets. This is obviously one of those situations.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:25 PM

Good point, thanks for the feedback guys.