Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 02:57 PM

Default AQ good board, donked into on turn

Hero ($1480.50)
SB ($1549.55)
BB ($1285)
UTG ($590.80)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $24</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $18.

Flop: ($51) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $40</font>, BB calls $40.

Turn: ($131) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $80</font>, Hero ?.

Villain is 51/30/1.77 over 200 hands.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:19 PM

Default Re: AQ good board, donked into on turn

call. see a river. and then aggress the river if you think you can get value out of him. he probably has a hand like AJ or Ax. His turn bet says that he's unsure about his hand and it is a sort of feeler bet. i think if you raise the turn, only weaker hands will fold.
if you call the turn you can make a decision on the river what to do next. if he bets river with a nice sized bet then you can call. if he checks the river or makes a weak river bet you can raise and extract value.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:40 PM

Orgasm and raise to something like $265 here. This sets up a nice bet for you on the river. Is this a serious post?
Old 06-07-2007, 03:41 PM

I was going to say that this deep stacked I don't want to get committed if he happens to 3bet the turn, but then I noticed villain's stats. Vs. a 50/30 he's donking this turn with an A a lot and is likely willing to call a big raise. Raise to $300 so it looks like a mid pair trying to push off a weak A. That should set you up for a slightly over PSB on the river if he just calls. If he pushes over the top on the turn, then you can flip a coin at that point but I'd REALLY consider folding.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:54 PM

50/30? He could be anywhere....reraise to like $300 you need to see how strong he is...probable fold if you get repopped...need a little more info about villian to know how to handle a river bet if he leads into you.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:33 PM

looking at this again I agree with mench
Old 06-26-2007, 08:44 PM

Villain got air very often here, but it's very often air with two spades. He is betting the scarecard, he makes the bet small enough to not have to go crazy with a busted draw, and he expects weak and scared aces to just call turn and if he hits he can valuebet river. You have to reraise turn or you'll end up paying off too often + not getting value too often. If he got a full house it's a cooler, nothing to beat yourself up over. I'd seriously consider calling if he pushes after you pop the turn, but i think it's a fold unless he pushes here all the time with draw/weak ace.

EDIT: I'd be inclined to calling here with a boat, hoping for a spade and then pushing. I'd expect to get called by any A and any flush. (Because the overbet on such a board usually trigger fish calling-reflexes)
Old 06-26-2007, 08:51 PM

He doesn't have anything mostly. Donks don't donk out when they make trips ime. I like a call to induce a river bet, then pot the river 4 value just in case.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:03 AM

i think villain has Ax here quite a lot. a pot-sized raise would be to make it to make it 370. i'd make it around 350 and i would not consider folding. if he does have a boat right now then you've still got outs. and i'd make a big vbet on the river if it's a blank. fish don't fold trip A's.