Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 08:21 PM

Default C/R or C/C flop vs pfr.

I'm often unsure whether to c/r the flop or to stay passive and c/c vs a pfr. What factors should I generally consider? (i.e. on what kind of boards should we c/r lighter, etc.)

Here are two hands. Both villains are unknown. Which hand is an easier c/r and, of course, why? Thanks in advance!

Hand 1:

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>,

Hand2:

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>,
Old 06-26-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Re: C/R or C/C flop vs pfr.

these are both ridiculously easy c/r

you usually have the best hand and you want value, you balance out your semibluff c/rs, you don't let villain take free cards on the turn
Old 06-26-2007, 08:53 PM

^ What he said.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:01 PM

2nd one is "easier" because your equity is higher, but overall i think c/c c/r is a better line in a space empty of matter.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:01 PM

The first hand is the easier c/r for two reasons.

1. The raiser is further off the button. This usually will be a stronger range than a button raise and thus there aren't a lot of undercards that you'd actually like to continue in the hand.

2. The pair is smaller and thus more overcards are the in the deck to hurt you.

However, these are two very good flops to c/r and both have a flush draw so Ace high can call you down.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:27 PM

I'd ck-raise with any pair or flush draw on these flops.