Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group Three: 7 vs 10
Constantine 70 61.95%
Blade: Trinity 43 38.05%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2007, 03:30 PM

Default FBB commissioner ethics question

So I'm the commissioner of a (hopefully) dynasty league, we drafted midseason and are in the middle of the first week of scoring. It's a 20-team Roto league. Trades are set to commissioner veto. This trade gets proposed today

Team 1 GIVES
Jorge Posada
Mark DeRosa
Claudio Vargas

Team 2 GIVES
Carlos Beltran
Ervin Santana
Kenny Rogers

Neither team has a spectacular roster. This is obviously just ludicrously unfair towards team 2, but in mid-week-1 it's hard for this to be considered collusion, particularly since neither of the two teams involved is very good. Obviously some members of the league are crying for me to disallow this trade. What do you guys think, what would you do in one of your leagues?

Edit: and I did say before the draft that I would only veto trades that I felt to be collusion and that seemed to be accepted... is this collusive / unfair enough to make an exception for?
Old 06-24-2007, 03:41 PM

Default Re: FBB commissioner ethics question

Unless it's clear collusion, veto nothing. People in fantasy leagues can have wild differences of opinions on player values and they should be allowed to trade on those opinions. It's a massive slippery slope. You'll do yourself a huge favor if you just don't bother ever thinking of vetoing a deal.

FWIW, in a dynasty fantasy basketball league, some of the trades that I thought were the absolute worst in league history turned out to be steals for the guy getting "robbed". You just never know how things will turn out. Yeah, it's results oriented, but still, like your poll says you aren't the "fair police".
Old 06-24-2007, 03:43 PM

TY Clarkmeister, that was basically what I was going to do, I just faced a bit of opposition and wanted to make sure my head was on straight here and that there wasn't some strange FBB code I was voiding lol.

Also, FWIW I think people being dumb enough to trade good players for bad ones is sort of the point of trading... if all trades were even there'd be no point in trading right?
Old 06-24-2007, 04:17 PM

well, if you're basing it off of what those player's have done so far this year alone and nothing else, that trade is actually pretty fair.