Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Shoe Help PLZ

Help plz. I am trying to change my clothes because I don't think that is a strong point of mine right now. Will probably be wearing jeans or some black slacks with one of those hip "graphic tshirts" or a button shirt though i haven't bought any of those yet either.

What shoes should I go with? There are some different types to choose from, like the black dress shoes, brown dress shoes, some of those cool colored sketchers. I am leaning towards this type of shoe, oversized very white seems like a good contrast but on the other hand I think these would only work with the jeans not the dress pants
Old 02-19-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Shoe Help PLZ

What I like about the white shes is that they are a contrast to the pants so they are their own part of an outfit, they don't just blend in and chill out down there doing nothing for asthetics.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:02 PM

More thoughts on this matter:
friend: for one, i think you want dark shoes, not white ones

pacifist ashman (5:59:19 PM): but for jeans?

friend: yes for jeans. for example, my casual shoes are brown leather
pacifist ashman: but brown is blah no one likes brown
pacifist ashman: everyone likes big colors
friend: not for your belt and shoes they don't, doofus
friend: you gonna get a white belt too?
Old 02-19-2007, 07:06 PM

Bruiser this is probably going to blow your mind, but you don't just get one pair of black, one pair of brown, etc... I have about 6 pairs of shoes, not including sandals and sneakers...I'm probably on the low end.

For example:
everyday new balance 992
AirMax running
New Balance cross trainer
2 leather sandals brown/black
pair of plastic sport sandals
pair of black dress shoes
brown clogs
black clogs
brown loafer
black loafer
black boots
brown everyday met oxford shoe

I don't have a pair of white shoes, I can't pull this look off, maybe in the future.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:10 PM

Check out Urban Outfitters. My sister is one of their regional merchandisers and says their spring/summer shoes are gonna be awesome.
Here's one: Van's Prison Issue G

Also, Replay is on the cutting edge of affordable fashion right now. Their over-designed web site's a [censored] pain, though.

BTW, what shoes did ElD go with when he asked this a few months ago? There were some great suggestions there that could work with what you got going.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:15 PM

Seems like a little much, it makes a mess buying so much junk, plus when I go travelling I can't take that much.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:17 PM

What identity do you want to cultivate/become?

Let's start at a fundamental level before trying to pick out individual stuff that is "cool" that may or may not convey the identity that you ideally want for yourself.

I think this is important before worrying about shoes or even the rest of your clothes. It should all support the base identity and "tribe" that you want to belong to.

This would be a really good thread IMO...but the title wouldn't be about shoes it'd be "help me figure out my aesthetic identity and then LETS GO SHOPPING!." Or something less gay works too, lol.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yugoslav
Old 02-19-2007, 07:19 PM

All,

A few of you have been clamoring for a shoe thread. Here it is. Go crazy.

Bruiser, I am a big fan of Onitsuka Tigers for casual shoes that have a little bit of originality to them. I'm also a big fan of Adidas shoes - indoor soccer shoes are great shoes that you can use both for playing soccer and for just walking around that work with some outfits/places where stuff like Nike tennis shoes don't really fit.

I'll let Tron elaborate.

Basically, I have three types of shoes.

One is tennis shoes and athletic shoes that I wear for sports and with Jeans/athletic t-shirt.

The next is "casual shoes" that I wear with jeans and a nice t-shirt or sweater or whatever.

The third is dress shoes that I'll wear with jeans and a nice shirt or any outfit with slacks.

I have a few pairs in each category in a variety of styles/colors. Category one is generally white-themed. Category two is a mix of colors, more in the middle. Category three is darker, for the most part black.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:26 PM

Yoguslavian, I will answer the "identity" question but could you please give me a sample response so I know what you're looking forand will be useful for htis thread.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:27 PM

Please anyone here confirm/deny, but I've been given the impression that a man's shoes define him. They're the first thing about what a man's wearing that women look at, and therefore the most important part of a man's attire.

Some that top my to-get list:
Casual suede (these are Gucci)
Penny loafers or anything else John Varvatos
...and anything Ed Hardy .