Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 06:52 PM

Default Playing both nut draws in PLO8

So in the situation i flop the nut flush draw/nut low draw i play it the same no matter what, raise the pot. im speaking in general terms so i dont want to ask any specifics, but does anyone play the flop differently?
Old 06-21-2007, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Playing both nut draws in PLO8

Definitely raise the pot unless there is some LAG at your table and you're EP... Set him up with the check raiseaments.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Playing both nut draws in PLO8

Generally, get in as much as you can.
Exceptions and caveats:
if you're playing someone that you think is likely to also have the nut low draw (maybe a very tight player or someone who always minraises A2xx preflop and has given away their holdings that way), then consider exercising pot control. You want to be able to get it all in on the river if your flush comes, but you'd like to avoid getting it all in in this situation unless you have some other backup high.
If you're playing against someone you suspect has a strong high (maybe they reraised the flop): you want to either get it all in on the flop (if your draw is strong, i.e. you have a backup for your low and/or some backdoor straights/gutshots to go with your flush draw), or you should exercise pot control so that you still have some play on the river. If opponent has a high hand, they will do best if they can either fold, or get it all in, on the turn, and you would generally prefer that the hand play out differently.