Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 11:58 AM

Default Value bet this river?

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (12.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero ???

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

This is a standard value bet yes? Any ace will be calling and i can fold to a checkraise(?)
Old 06-21-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Value bet this river?

What any-ace do you see them having here?
Old 06-21-2007, 01:06 PM

I'd just raise the flop instead of waiting for the turn.

Bet river for value.

I'm not sure I'm going to fold to a checkraise though. I know we are probably beat but the play is rather weird and we would be getting 15:1 on a call.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd just raise the flop instead of waiting for the turn.

Bet river for value.

I'm not sure I'm going to fold to a checkraise though. I know we are probably beat but the play is rather weird and we would be getting 15:1 on a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm also raising the flop. It seems somewhat standard for some villains to donk into a PFR on low boards to make you fold big cards. Then they often peel and fold when you raise them. In this case, the pot is big enough and your hand vulnerable enough that I would rather play to make them fold.

If you bet the river, you should fold to a raise. You're not getting bluff-check-raised very often. If you think you might get bluff-check-raised, just check behind.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:46 PM

I bet this river, and I probably will call a raise from BB if only two of us are going to showdown to get a read as to what hand Villain took this line with.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:33 PM

Converter borkage: I make four to the flop and turn and three to the river. Is someone all-in preflop? That might change things.

If you raised the flop, this hand would likely be much easier.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:53 PM

i would raise the flop instead of waiting for the turn. As played, i would value bet the river hoping he pay us off with A high
Old 06-21-2007, 05:15 PM

I'd just raise the flop instead of waiting for the turn...there are too many cards that make raising the turn difficult, getting button to fold would the tiptop, ill know what to do if CRed on the turn and I hopefully Ill get a choice of a free SD on the river