Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 10:43 PM

Default 100NL Jacks Considering a Flop Call

I hadn't tangled with villain in any substantial hands during the session. This was my 10th hand at the table... from data mining or playing with him before, his stats read 16.9/12.9/infinity after 120 hands.

Full Tilt Poker Game #2714645272: Table Moorpoint (6 max) - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:16:53 ET - 2007/06/19
Seat 1: shinzilla ($108.65)
Seat 2: C-allin-Z ($117.55)
Seat 3: SNOWBY ($84.65)
Seat 4: bryan702 ($114.75)
Seat 5: danielvirkus ($187.30)
Seat 6: Crazy6s ($76.85)
Crazy6s posts the small blind of $0.50
shinzilla posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to shinzilla [Js Jc]
C-allin-Z folds
SNOWBY folds
bryan702 raises to $3.50
danielvirkus calls $3.50
Crazy6s folds
shinzilla raises to $14
bryan702 folds
C-allin-Z: dang
danielvirkus calls $10.50
*** FLOP *** [8d 6s Ts]
shinzilla bets $25
danielvirkus raises to $173.30, and is all in
C-allin-Z: WOW
shinzilla has 15 seconds left to act
shinzilla has requested TIME
shinzilla calls $69.65, and is all in

What do we think of the call?
Old 06-19-2007, 10:49 PM

Default Re: 100NL Jacks Considering a Flop Call

Easy call I think.

He smooth called the first raise pf. Than called your reraise. If he is a mediocre player he could have a lot of hands. But if he is a good player, I sort of suspect he has a pocket pair. In that case it is possible he hit a set.

However I think it is quite possible with suited connectors that he has a pair plus a draw and/or figures you are just making a continuation bet.

You can't be afraid of a set all the time and stacks are not big relative to the pot size going into the flop, so just call.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:02 PM

I prefer calling in this spot pf and setmine(weak much?). If you get called here after your reraise pf, you are most likely in trouble if you dont flop a set, as villain is most likely only continueing pf with QQ+/AK.

In this case however the pf cold caller called your reraise, and the original raiser folded. Villain might've thought you were squeezing, and called your 3bet light, so 6's, 8's, and tens are all in his range. I think its really close, but I would call here, as multiple sooted connectors are also possible, and you cant rule out complete air.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I prefer calling in this spot pf and setmine(weak much?). If you get called here after your reraise pf, you are most likely in trouble if you dont flop a set, as villain is most likely only continueing pf with QQ+/AK.

In this case however the pf cold caller called your reraise, and the original raiser folded. Villain might've thought you were squeezing, and called your 3bet light, so 6's, 8's, and tens are all in his range. I think its really close, but I would call here, as multiple sooted connectors are also possible, and you cant rule out complete air.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, simply calling here PF and playing for set value is too weak. And if that is villains range for calling a 3-bet you are not 3-betting enough and should 3-bet more to take advantage of his range here for calling your 3-bets.