Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 06:25 AM

Default Mansion 100k

OK, this hand qualifies for the forum by buyin but for anyone unfamiliar with the Mansion 100k, assume a standard closer to a 20/180 (not everyone seated is necessarily a cretin but it's generally a good working assumption)

Set up: I've been at the table for about five orbits, having arrived at 75/150 with 1500 stack and pushbotted to maintain/slightly grow this stack. Table's pretty tight, and I don't have the sense that anyone's been itching to look me up.

Previous orbit, I shove A9s over four limpers from SB and almost triple up when the final limper calls. I raised once more that orbit to take the blinds.

I now have 4.8k (table and tournie average) at 100/200. UTG (4.5k) raises to 650, MP3 (6k) calls, no reads on either (but for whatever reason I really don't think UTG is folding to a shove), and I find AA in BB.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Mansion 100k

Hmmm... Raising it up to 2K looks suspicious so I'd rather shove pre and hope UTG's raise means a strong enough hand to look you up. If he doesn't mind cont betting into two callers, I sometimes just call here and try to get a little more chips in on the flop. Calling should work since you have relative position on your opponents and stack sizes are nice for a flop trap. More risky, of course, but the reward is nice if you get both UTG and MP3 in on a flop raise all-in. Gambooool?
Old 06-18-2007, 04:41 PM

either make it like 2.1-2.3k or so or just shove and hope they think you're squeeeeeeeeeezing
Old 06-18-2007, 04:53 PM

I would either shove to make your play look standard or call and slow-play for stack. Obviously more risky, especially OOP. I think either shove or call disguises your hand, but a non-shove r/r screams AA or KK.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:02 PM

i shove here.
btw sonofstalin, i find your nick very offensive.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:33 PM

I'd raise to like 1800 against some random people and try to win giant pot. Allin is also fine of course, but I want as much action as possible here because I'm very greedy. If you are playing observant/good players that know you I'm much more likely to just move allin.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i shove here.
btw sonofstalin, i find your nick very offensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live to offend. Can't choose one's daddy I am afraid.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise to like 1800 against some random people and try to win giant pot. Allin is also fine of course, but I want as much action as possible here because I'm very greedy. If you are playing observant/good players that know you I'm much more likely to just move allin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt that UTG would almost always call a push but that CC-er would rarely call two. As I also felt that UTG would shove over a raise, and that CC-er would then fold, so as far as I saw it, the only way to get more of CC-er's stack was to call.

I hadn't been paying vigorous attention to the table but I hadn't noticed either do anything much thus nothing outlandishly bad so are these reasonable assumptions?

The timebank on Mansion is really short so given the choice between calling and shoving, when only idiots will not see a raise is for stacks (but then there's a lot of idiots playing poker out there and they flock to Mansion), I shoved.

I'm interested in whether we can make a case that there is a more +EV play and also whether we should take a less +cEV play with a greater, though less frequent reward and higher risk. The risk less being that we bust than that UTG can/will stack off with hands pf that he might not on some flops.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt that UTG would almost always call a push but that CC-er would rarely call two. As I also felt that UTG would shove over a raise, and that CC-er would then fold, so as far as I saw it, the only way to get more of CC-er's stack was to call.

I hadn't been paying vigorous attention to the table but I hadn't noticed either do anything much thus nothing outlandishly bad so are these reasonable assumptions?

The timebank on Mansion is really short so given the choice between calling and shoving, when only idiots will not see a raise is for stacks (but then there's a lot of idiots playing poker out there and they flock to Mansion), I shoved.

I'm interested in whether we can make a case that there is a more +EV play and also whether we should take a less +cEV play with a greater, though less frequent reward and higher risk. The risk less being that we bust than that UTG can/will stack off with hands pf that he might not on some flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is brainless, if you think UTG is ALWAYS calling a push, then you should go allin. Of course I think that assumption is clearly optimistic but ok..
Old 06-18-2007, 10:37 PM

you can get half of the combined chips in both their stacks right now if you just shove. that's a lot of freaking chips.