Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2007, 05:56 AM

Default Would you have folded ?

Texas Limit 5-10, I limp in early with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (I know the game is quite passive). 3 other guys call. I flop A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I bet for value on my flush draw. The A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] falls on the turn. I bet 10, next guy folds, third guy raises 20, 4th re-raises 30. Afraid of a full house, since both A9 and AJ are likely hands, and since the raisers had been quite passive unless they had nuts, I fold (also afraid of another re-raise since I was caught in the middle). Turned out I folded a winner: one guy had A5, the other A6.
Good fold or bad fold ? What would you have done ?
Cheers,
Memo
Old 06-20-2007, 07:41 AM

Default Re: Would you have folded ?

Fold preflop. 43s sucks even if the hand is going 9 ways for sure.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:48 AM

I see your point, but I'd have the same dilema with, say, 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Old 06-20-2007, 07:54 AM

87s is different from 43s. 43s is one of the lowest flushes out there, while 87s has more high card, straight, and bigger flush strength.

That said I think you played flop/post-flop fine. The chance that one person has an ace decreases chance the other person has an ace, indicating a higher flush or a boat.

Welcome to the forums!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:57 AM

Thanks for the answer and the welcome.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:58 AM

Yeah, that's a pretty standard fold (both preflop and on the turn); you just happened to get burned this one time when they both overplayed trips.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:24 AM

Had a 45s hand playing live the other day in EP that I thought that I would get a bit adventurous with. I limped in, flopped a flush draw. Saw the turn and bricked, then asked myself in my head "why did I play this hand in the first place?" Good learning hand though.

PS. Everyone folds what would have been winners.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:23 PM

I'd say don't play any suited connectors lower than 64... or what I like to call the "wheel-buster".. =]
Old 06-20-2007, 12:51 PM

one of the reasons to avoid these low suited conn. from early position is if you flop a flush draw and theres action like this, you never know where you are OOP. fold preflop.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:02 PM

1) Others have already spoken about why 46s is as low as we go 'round here.
2) I'll even make you think about the flop bet. Yes, 3 players give you enough equity to bet out except for:
a) the potential domination of a higher flush draw, and
b) if others players 3 bet causing others to drop out, you don't have pot equity on those future bets. That is because your position on this hand was not so hot, yet another reason to fold PF.
3) If you didn't bet out the flop and did bet out the turn you signal that you hit your flush and your passive crowd may well have just called you to be sure you were telling the truth with that bet. You could also check/raise the turn, and fold to a 3 bet. But I think this hand plays very differently if you check the flop instead of betting out. (PS I bet out flush draws like this A LOT. Just not this time and not for this reason.)

I vote fold PF but if you are in, check the flop, and bet the turn. With the full advantage of hindsight, I think this was the best way to be on the winning line.