Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 04:36 AM

Default Why poker\'web site dont use this solution for WSOP \' sattelite?

Right now; when someone win a seat in an online satellite he receive 10 000$ in his account ( or 12k$, whatever ) & its his problem to turn it in real money, in short delay for few.

This is because Harrah's donot accept registration from online poker site.

What if the solution was : The poker website got a stand close to the WSOP'room, where anyone who has won a WSOP with this specific website can go there, show ID, & collect 10 000$ in cash or lammers. The player juste have to walk few steps, & pay his entrie.

I see 3 reasons why they donot do it.

#1 - The poker website actually prefer that players dont use it to play the WSOP, & use it as their bankroll to play on the site.

#2 - The big website like pokerstars who got more than 1000$ satellite winner's last year, would have to have 10 millions of dollar total. Even if they never have more than a million at a time, the risk of getting robbed or any other "f**k" is possible.

#3 - If I know for exemple the name & the adress of someone who has won his seat with pokerstars. I can show up with counteirfeit ID & "robbed" his 10 000$. It easier if the guy is comming from a foreign country. & more to my point; can a reprentative of pokerstars can recognise a counterfeit driving licens or passport from Zimbabwe or Azerbaidjan ?

- jpp
Old 06-15-2007, 07:44 AM

Default Re: Why poker\'web site dont use this solution for WSOP \' sattelite?

I don't know but I have a feeling PokerStars can't get a lot of money into the U.S. for obvious reasons.

Ryan
Old 06-15-2007, 10:20 AM

The only reasson any of the sites would rather have their players play in the WSOP, than keep their money in their account for future rake, is to get live promotion at the tourney. Since they no longer can buy WSOP registrations, maybe there is something they could do there in vegas. Sign up with PS or FTP, get a T-Shirt to wear while you play and they throw $100 in your online account. Or something of that nature.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:41 AM

Another reason they don't do this is that Harrah's would not rent them the space for a booth. If they really wanted I suppose they could have rented a room (hospitality suite or regular room) ahead of time and made arrangements to get the location to everyone. However without the ability to really capitalize on the advertising value I think the possibility of the money staying online to generate more rake is the key.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What if the solution was : The poker website got a stand close to the WSOP'room, where anyone who has won a WSOP with this specific website can go there, show ID, & collect 10 000$ in cash or lammers. The player juste have to walk few steps, & pay his entrie.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that Harrah's would not let one of the poker rooms do this. If they aren't allowing them to register players and aren't allowing them to have lounges, I don't think they'll allow them to set up a table outside the poker room.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:48 PM

I thought of a solution as well...if the goal is to get everyone to actually play...

put $5000 in players account....and when they show up in vegas give them the rest...
Old 06-15-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since they no longer can buy WSOP registrations, maybe there is something they could do there in vegas. Sign up with PS or FTP, get a T-Shirt to wear while you play and they throw $100 in your online account.

[/ QUOTE ]

They could also sell weed in open view in that booth! Oh wait, that's illegal too. Mmmm?
Old 06-15-2007, 06:30 PM

Why do they stil advertise tournaments as WSOP satellites, like the upcoming full tilt 100 seat extravaganza or whatever its called, is really simply a tournament with flat payout of a 100 lots of 12000 bucks, when surely anyone would rather just get 12000 cash then 12000 that you HAVE TO spend on a wsop ME entry?

I think that with Full Tilt they would have preferred the payout to go as entry fees so their pros can pick it back up as dead money, i heard Clonie Gowan as good as say this on the Ante Up podcast from Tampa Bay.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do they stil advertise tournaments as WSOP satellites, like the upcoming full tilt 100 seat extravaganza or whatever its called, is really simply a tournament with flat payout of a 100 lots of 12000 bucks, when surely anyone would rather just get 12000 cash then 12000 that you HAVE TO spend on a wsop ME entry?

[/ QUOTE ]

Low-stakes monkeys are much more willing to pony up $350 for "a chance to play in WSOP ZOMG!!!11" than for a regular cash tournament. It's called marketing.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:35 AM

Yeah kutuz off, that figures -I would sure be bad at marketing.

Like I also can never understand Full Tilts general marketing i.e. The "Play with the Pros" schtick I dont want to play with pros I want to play with fish.