Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Ping Eye 2 BeCu Irons vs Regular Ping Eye 2 Black Dots

Whats the diff between the two? Are the BeCu irons much better(they are more exp...)

I am looking for a new set of irons. My game has really started to improve drastically, so i would like to reward myself with a new set of clubs. I have heard great things about the Eye 2's. Just wondering what the diff between the BeCu irons and the regular ones are...
Old 06-14-2007, 10:15 PM

Default Re: Ping Eye 2 BeCu Irons vs Regular Ping Eye 2 Black Dots

the regular ones are made from normal mettal but i believe the BeCu clubs are made of copper or a much softer metal that prodcues great feel and control.

I am not 100% sure but my friend had a set and they were a joy to hit
Old 06-14-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am looking for a new set of irons.

[/ QUOTE ]
These are more than 10 years old, prob more like 15+, they are not new. I have had many sets of Ping irons, and while I liked the finish of the BeCu irons, never liked the sound they made. If you have the opportunity to hit both side by side, do it, if you are looking for a collectible set, get the BeCu ones, if you are just looking for something new, try something actually newer, there have been great strides in the last 5-10 years in equipment and shafts too.

tobdog
Old 06-15-2007, 12:34 AM

The main difference is the unique and exotic look of the BeCu's. Some would say they have a softer feel. With that said, if you are looking for new irons to play, please get a new set. Just look at the cavities and weight distributions of irons like the Taylormade R7, the Callaway X20, Ping G5 and Rapture, and others. The advances in the technology and design of the clubs today makes even a great club like the Ping Eye2 obsolete. Nowadays these types of sets should be reserved for collectors, not to be actually put in play. I have owned 3 sets of Ping Eye2's, but would never consider playing them now, although I do keep a set around for sentimental value.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The advances in the technology and design of the clubs today makes even a great club like the Ping Eye2 obsolete. Nowadays these types of sets should be reserved for collectors, not to be actually put in play. I have owned 3 sets of Ping Eye2's, but would never consider playing them now, although I do keep a set around for sentimental value.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way they're getting my Eye2s out of my bag is if I'm dead.

Okay, maybe if I hit the lottery.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The main difference is the unique and exotic look of the BeCu's. Some would say they have a softer feel. With that said, if you are looking for new irons to play, please get a new set. Just look at the cavities and weight distributions of irons like the Taylormade R7, the Callaway X20, Ping G5 and Rapture, and others. The advances in the technology and design of the clubs today makes even a great club like the Ping Eye2 obsolete. Nowadays these types of sets should be reserved for collectors, not to be actually put in play. I have owned 3 sets of Ping Eye2's, but would never consider playing them now, although I do keep a set around for sentimental value.

[/ QUOTE ]
These probably cost about 30% of what a new set would and they're probably the easiest clubs in the world to hit. I would obviously not fault someone for buying new clubs, but I think calling eye2's obsolete is kinda silly.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:34 AM

I will concede that obsolete is a bit of a strong word, but I would only recommend Eye2's to somebody that is looking to replace an old/worn out set of Eye2's and can't part with the look. They certainly will not win any type of stat based performance test, (forgiveness, hotness of face, etc...) but some people will hit them great because looking down at an Eye2 makes them feel comfortable and confident.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:09 AM

I didnt mean new as in brand new, unplayed. I meant something different than the [censored] clubs I have right now. I want some used clubs, relatively inexpensive.