Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 12:31 PM

Default From nuts to fold? Cruddy river decision in ginormous pot...

Don't know much about UTG. BB is aggressive regular.

What do you do on the river here?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.66 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (19.66 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero?
Old 06-16-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: From nuts to fold? Cruddy river decision in ginormous pot...

Why are you calling the flop?

As played, UTG knows you both have a K, and he's raising the river anyway. He played his hand exactly like a flush draw. I'm probalby folding the river, but I would hate to do it.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:51 PM

i fold the flop, and river. utg has played it exactly like a flush and theres no reason not to overcall with Kx for him u could easily have Kx of diamonds here and hes not trying to fold out a chop (he cant put u on AK unless its AKdd) 10% of the time he raises this river.

i put BB on KQ or KJ of diamonds anyways actually, does he ever not 3bet those preflop here?
Old 06-16-2007, 02:39 PM

My "A" game folds this flop. I rarely bring my "A" game. If you've got some respect for the UTG you may well be dead to 3 cards. With only 2 sbs invested the BB is giving you the perfect opportunity to say bye-bye.

The river is cruddy as you say. The fact that he's raising into the turn capper, and he's not just dropping in to play maniac once a month, means a tough fold.

Interesting hand.