Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 12:10 AM

Default 60-120 hand: Outtricking the Trickster?

Haven't posted a hand in a while, maybe this one has some interest. 60-120 at Commerce. Two limpers, then a raise from a solid, unimaginative but winning player on the button. I call with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the small blind. Big blind calls as do the two limpers. Big blind plays way too loose pre-flop, but is a terrific and tricky post-flop player; he's probably been the biggest winner in the game over the past year.

Flop comes 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I bet, big blind raises, limpers fold, button 3-bets. I call, as does big blind.

Turn is J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I check, big blind checks, button bets. She definitely has a big pair here. I call and now big blind, after hesitating slightly to think, which seems unfeigned to me, raises.

Button thinks, and, while she does, I make up my mind I'm going to raise no matter what she does.

What do you guys think?
Old 06-12-2007, 12:13 AM

Default Re: 60-120 hand: Outtricking the Trickster?

I like it. I don't love it, but I sure do like it.

I assume you're betting most rivers if BB calls?
Old 06-12-2007, 12:24 AM

wow, i really hate his line of c/r turn on this kind of board and putting the button (a solid unimaginative player) on a big pair. why inflate the pot for draws?

Looks like you both might be chasing the same thing. If he is already there, so be it, but your line is so strong here I'd def give you the credit.

As played, I don't think I change anything. You most likely will squeeze out the button on this hand.

Results?
Old 06-12-2007, 12:32 AM

Not commenting on this hand specifically, or maybe I am: what hands would you play like this vs. these opponents?
Old 06-12-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What do you guys think?

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think the BB has JcXc or a hand like As8s and the BTN has an overpair and you believe given your usual image neither one of these guys will call you down UI if you 3bet the turn. Interesting. Whats amusing about this play is that even if it fails, at most you will lose 1-2 extra big bets but this crazy line will probably earn you more than 2 big bets in future hands assuming you play with these opponents more than rarely.

At first I hated this play, but if youre convinced that BB has one pair or less and he and the BTN will not showdown with their one pair hands vs you if you take this line then go for it. The truth is, even when it fails, this play probably still makes money.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:01 AM

Sorry, I just don't get it. If you know that button has 77+ then the "terrific" playing BB knows that as well. Since nobody ever folds big pairs to tricky players it follows that BB can beat a big pair. So I just don't see where the FE is.

Then again its hard to do anything too terrible since the pot is so big and you have a bunch of nut outs...
Old 06-12-2007, 02:08 AM

Wow, I love it for you Andy. Andy Fox the local tighty call-3bets the Jack turn after leading the flop and calling two more with what could easily be 9T? BB is leveraging you with pair plus to scare the button who is already tanking? It would never work for me, but for you I say hells yeah.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:18 AM

I'm not really sure what you're trying to do here but I'm pretty sure I don't like it. That might be because I don't think anyone has folded a pair against me in the past 2 months or so and the last time I tried to make someone fold what I thought could be a pair they had flopped the nuts.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:25 AM

with that flop and 2 opponents you have to 4 bet the flop, there's just way to much immediate value.

hope no one else in the hand is thinking because no one can reasonably think you would play a T9 or a set like this.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:28 AM

btw i need to add that if bb is who im sure it is, andy would know better about his results, but the guy is NOT good. he's laggy and tilty. ive seen him spew like crazy and at least two or three other posters i know would confirm he is a spewtard and easy to beat, just get a good hand and let him do his crazy thing and make $$$$$s.

well im oversimplifying obviously, but honestly i find the guy a joy to play against.

one more thing: bb could have AA.

is button the lady who plays 60 every day and is weak tight but a commerce damaged version of it? sort of orange hair asian sucked in cheeks, around 50 years old, rarely smiles, commerce regular since forever? im sure that's who youre describing and she is bad too and youre right she has like KK here and isnt folding, even to you.