Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 03:08 AM

Default NL10 Tough River spot w/ TPTK

So I was really active at the table at this point in my session and I was pretty sure the players were sick of getting raised constantly. Everyone folds to the button and I raise it up.

I am supposed to make this laydown? Or am I just supposed to call?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $14.70
BB: $10.00
UTG: $14.45
CO: $8.20
Hero (BTN): $11.10

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, SB folds, BB calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.75</font>, BB calls $0.75

Turn: ($2.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, BB calls $1.50

River: ($5.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $3.70</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $8.50</font>, BB calls all-in for $3.70
Uncalled bet of $1.10 returned to Hero

Pot Size: $20.05 ($1 Rake)

BB had A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Tens) and WON ( $9.05)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ([Kd Ah] a pair of Aces) and LOST (-$10.00)

I know my push was stupid but I'm horrible at poker. This spot was so tough for me.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:33 AM

Default Re: NL10 Tough River spot w/ TPTK

Don't post results

What I would have done is checked turned for pot control and called a bet (if he led out) on the river.

As played, definetly don't re-raise, my first thought after seeing the river and BB's bet was AT, but since you can't be sure just a call would have been fine.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:42 AM

You're supposed to flat call his river bet because he won't call a raise with a weaker hand and you don't need to push him off his hand to take down the pot because you have good SD-value. When you were very active, people are often NOT BLUFFING when they finally take a stand but have waited long enough to "get back at you". All your previous activeness is down the drain when you don't realize when an opponent isn't just sick of it and playing back with trash, but has waited for a good hand. The latter is the case in 90% of the time.

Yeah, and don't post results. They happen after you made all your decision. So your decisions, which are the only things you can change, have no influence on the result.

And welcome to the forums.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What I would have done is checked turned for pot control and called a bet (if he led out) on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. Too weak. Value-bet him. The board is too unscary in this heads-up situation. But if he calls and checks the river, you should consider checking behind.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. Too weak. Value-bet him. The board is too unscary in this heads-up situation. But if he calls and checks the river, you should consider checking behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you want to build up a bigger pot (its $5 on the river) with only TPTK though? Like you said its an unscary board and you're not really letting him draw to anything.

I'm not really arguing because I'm just a begginer as well, I'm just asking for my own benefit.