Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2007, 10:30 AM

Default Ex Cop Sells DVD on How to Stash Pot in Your Car

Ex-cop sells pot tips on DVD

From the article.

The formerly straight-laced lawman has become a shaggy-haired militant for the legalization of weed.

Six months ago he released "Never Get Busted Again," in which the former star of West Texas' Permian Basin Drug Task Force gives tips on hiding marijuana (dashboards are rife with nooks and crannies) and throwing off drug-sniffing dogs (coat your tires in fox urine).

"I'm not helping them to break the law. It's clear the law is already being broken," said Cooper, 38, who left law enforcement a decade ago. "I will do anything legal to frustrate law enforcement's efforts to place American citizens in jail for nonviolent drug offenses."

Law officers regard Cooper as a traitor. And some pro-pot activists say Cooper's antics actually undermine their cause.

I realize that it's not the most "meaty" political story but I thought it might be interesting and enjoyable reading for some. Whether or not his changed views are sincere is open to debate but he's found a way to make buck so why not in this instance?
Old 06-20-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Ex Cop Sells DVD on How to Stash Pot in Your Car

Thumbs up.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:54 PM

Years ago I flew right past a speed trap. I knew for sure that the trooper would come after me. I had a minute to decide whether or not to toss the significant amount of hash on me out the window. Nah, I couldn't do it so I stuck it in my sock. Is that one of his tips? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re Fox urine: Can I get that anywhere or do I have to go to a specialty shop?
Old 06-20-2007, 04:06 PM

Even if he is just out to make a buck and sell out his former coworkers, who cares? In doing so he pretty much came to the correct conclusion re: cops and nonviolent minor drug offenses. Funny how often that happens when people look out for themselves and try to make money.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Years ago I flew right past a speed trap. I knew for sure that the trooper would come after me. I had a minute to decide whether or not to toss the significant amount of hash on me out the window. Nah, I couldn't do it so I stuck it in my sock. Is that one of his tips? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re Fox urine: Can I get that anywhere or do I have to go to a specialty shop?

[/ QUOTE ]

My take was that the fox urine could somehow be obtained. Maybe he's got a web site and he's a distributor [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

On stashing the hash, if it wasn't too much you could hae eaten it but that probably would have been a waste although I think you would still get high on it.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if he is just out to make a buck and sell out his former coworkers, who cares? In doing so he pretty much came to the correct conclusion re: cops and nonviolent minor drug offenses. Funny how often that happens when people look out for themselves and try to make money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, the free market in action. Of course there's many a person that smokes pot recreationally and it doesn't turn them into whatever the government claims it does. These people have disposable income and choose to spend some of it on pot. Might as well spend a little more to lessen the chances of getting caught. Think if the government taxed it instead (not recommending that but it is a better alternative to the status quo IMO).

Also we should never forget that pot does help many getting cancer treatment. The benefits of smoking pot for these people is unquestioned. I know from experience as my wife went through chemo 9 years ago and pot made the experience bareable. It's a crime against humanity turning these people into criminals.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, the free market in action. Of course there's many a person that smokes pot recreationally and it doesn't turn them into whatever the government claims it does. These people have disposable income and choose to spend some of it on pot. Might as well spend a little more to lessen the chances of getting caught. Think if the government taxed it instead (not recommending that but it is a better alternative to the status quo IMO).

Also we should never forget that pot does help many getting cancer treatment. The benefits of smoking pot for these people is unquestioned. I know from experience as my wife went through chemo 9 years ago and pot made the experience bareable. It's a crime against humanity turning these people into criminals.

[/ QUOTE ]

A couple months ago I had a stomach condition similar to appendicitis that resulted in gut wrenching pain when I shifted my weight wrong, and smoking helped me manage the pain well and get some modicum of sleep. Chemo is exponentially more brutal, I can't even imagine that.

Everything about our drug laws blows my mind as to how unfair and inefficient they are. By the letter of the law, I should be serving a very long prison sentence, much longer than I have been alive for (weird when you think of it that way isnt it) just for buying some weed and selling a portion of it to a friend a couple times. Of course that would never happen today, because I am an upper middle class white college kid whose parents would bust out a checkbook and buy me a great lawyer. But your average minority would get the book thrown at them. Even if the laws concerning minor drugs were "morally correct" in some sense, I don't get how Americans don't want to riot at how unfairly they are applied. It is crazy how much money is wasted on pursuing nonviolent drug offenses, think how much could be accomplished if the resources we put into police forces, prosecutors, defense lawyers, prisons, etc etc was used differently. Hurts my head.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:54 PM

I think you can buy deer urine extract or something for hunting, maybe the fox urine is something like that.

as an aside "BUSTED - The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters" should be required viewing regarding dealing with the police and how to assert your rights.