Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 07:03 PM

Default First hand gives me a bad image

Hand 1:

I just sat down for one orbit, not much has happened. I have no image so far. Table is kind of tight-passive.

EP limper, MP limper, button raises, I cold-call in SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], BB calls, everyone calls. 5 players.

Flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Checked to button who bets, I raise, only fish in MP calls, button calls. Button has AQ/AJ or some underpair to the K. Fish could have a pair or a flush/straight draw.

Turn is A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I bet...

Results in white: <font color="white">Fish calls, button thinks for a long time and reluctantly calls. River is a 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and check, check. MHIG against fish's flush draw.</font>

Hand 2:

2 hours later... so now my image sucks from the 44 hand plus a couple of other hands where I outplayed everyone (er, I got lucky on the river) and one where I was Perry Farrell'd.

In particular, I can tell button from Hand 1 does not like me and is just waiting to outplay me. He tilted after Hand 1 and had to sit down an orbit to calm down.

I am getting ready to leave and start racking up my chips. Guy to my left said "did you get lucky, or did you play well" as I rack up my 3 racks. I open-raise UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and say "I got lucky". Everyone folds around to BB (button from Hand 1) and I say, "looks like I'm going to get lucky again". BB thinks for a bit and calls a little reluctantly and I say "guess I'm going to have to play well now".

Flops is A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BB pauses for a second and bets. There's probably a 50-70% chance he does not have an Ace here. Call/raise/fold? I think all of these are valid plays here based on my image and my read in this hand so far.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Re: First hand gives me a bad image

Something is not right about the first hand. What did the button have?
Old 06-11-2007, 07:47 PM

My guess is button will not fold any hand of any value against you here. The pot is small and you have no pair. I'd give it up.

On Hand 1, you play a game with which I am unfamiliar.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Something is not right about the first hand. What did the button have?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think OP meant to say that button agonized and folded the turn, not that he called. That would make sense if he folded something like AJ or TT and that's why he went on tilt afterwards. I really like the turn bet in this hand if you had a read that button wouldn't overcall without two pair or better - otherwise I think it's spewish and you'll get called down too much.

As for hand 2, I think I'd just fold. Even if he doesn't have an A all that often, you are still going to have to find a way to win here with K high, and this guy isn't going to lay down any pair to you, and he might make a tricky move with a flush/straight draw and put you in a really tight spot.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:59 PM

Oops, sorry! Yes, button folds on turn in Hand 1.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:10 AM

dont you mean your image is fantastic? you're gonna get paid off up the ying-yang!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:11 AM

i dont think there's anyway button has AJ in first hand cuz it doenst make sense that he'd call for 3 outs but fold when he gets there... proly a pair under k...
Old 06-12-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dont you mean your image is fantastic? you're gonna get paid off up the ying-yang!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, yeah I guess you could call it fantastic... I raised the BB on the turn in a multiway pot for a free showdown and he had KJ on a J-T-8-5-x board. (I had QJ and didn't show). I'm sure everyone thought I had crap.

I was caught stealing once. Two other pots I bet through on the button when checked to and I'm sure everyone thought I was stealing. Another hand I raised preflop w/ AJ and bet the whole way through and caught my gutshot on the river and got paid off in two spots (board went Q-T-5-8-K).
Old 06-12-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I thought when I read the first hand.

Fold flop in second hand. The thing is that his little "play good" speech makes me think he won't have anything containing a 4/5. So that means A/flush draw/random nothing. I think he has an Ace a lot so I fold. Against some very specific villains I might raise or get ready to call down or at least call the flop but my default play is fold quickly and get dealt another 2 cards and hope they turn out better.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:30 AM

You played the fours like a LAGtard.

Any hands after that, you could have made a lot of money if you started connecting and hitting your flops. I know I would have played as many hands against you as I could and would have called you down forever.