Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Live 1/2 River Decision

Live 1/2, 4-handed, Hero is the biggest winner in this game for the last few months and could be best described as a thinking LAG. Villian is ultra-loose and aggressive, takes weird lines, fakes a lot of tells, likes to talk a lot, bets/checks in the dark and has been on a bit of a run lately. Lots of live poker history between the two.

Villian is Small Blind and has around 300€, Hero is Big Blind and covers.

UTG fold, Button raises to 6€, Villian calls, Hero calls.

Flop is Ks, 6h, 7d,

Villian bets 16€, Hero minraises 32€, Button folds, Villian thinks a little bit, then goes like "Did he just minraise me?" and calls.

Turn is Ah

Villian checks, Hero bets 60€, Villian has a big smile across his face and minraises 120€, Hero calmly calls

River is 3d

Villian counts his chips and quickly makes it 125€ (which leaves him only like 40€ behind) ...

If you were hero with which range [Xx;Xx] would you call/shove here?
Old 06-12-2007, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Live 1/2 River Decision

A8 prob
Old 06-12-2007, 12:25 PM

The way you make the villan sound I would put him on a a big draw
either 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], or 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] The turn gave him up 7 more outs so he felt he could bet it. It is 50/50 he either has the nutz or a busted draw. I would say he missed his draw compeletly and thats his only move. He leaves that amount in his stack (40) begging for a call, which usually means please do call. The ace is brick other than the suit so i would say any K is good here.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A8 prob

[/ QUOTE ]

So you wouldn't call with A2?

Do you feel like villian has either a monster or air? Or do you think villian would take this line with a mediocore hand like f.e. A2?

Villian is known for bluffing his whole stack off in questionable spots. Though he has either hit some great cards or picked the right spots recently (~ 1 month].
Old 06-12-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A8 prob

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah no kiddin, it's a big pot, I'm calling with any king at this point. What range do I have to call the reminraise on the turn is the question? Sets, and um, that's it. Anything else is going in then.

--GA
Old 06-12-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A8 prob

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah no kiddin, it's a big pot, I'm calling with any king at this point. What range do I have to call the reminraise on the turn is the question? Sets, and um, that's it. Anything else is going in then.

--GA

[/ QUOTE ]

Not shoving the turn is obviously questionable with most hands. But the question is mainly about the river...

However, Villian certainly picked up on the fact that hero would've shoved the turn with the vast majority of his hands if he played straight forward.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:53 PM

A2 is Huge!!! Call away. I doubt he bets the flop with a set. Like i said before 75% of the time he is bluffing (on the River).