Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 11:50 PM

Default $2NL 6-Max, missed draw- 2nd barrel big river bluff w/ air

Villain is the type that is passive postflop, the kind that will bet the flop small, won't 3-bet back, and likes to check/call, then fold to further heat . I'm repping a monster on the turn.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

SB ($5.68)
BB ($2.01)
UTG ($2.98)
MP ($6.13)
Hero ($4.85)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5, 7.
UTG calls $0.02, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.02, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, [color=#CC3333]BB raises to $0.04</font>, UTG calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02.

Flop: ($0.13) 6, 4, T [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]BB bets $0.02</font>, UTG calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02.

Turn: ($0.19) 2 [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]BB bets $0.04</font>, UTG calls $0.04, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises to $0.29</font>, BB calls $0.25, UTG folds.

River: ($0.81) J [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
BB checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets $0.71</font>,

Thoughts.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Re: $2NL 6-Max, missed draw- 2nd barrel big river bluff w/ air

Fold PF. Call turn.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:03 AM

fold PF, bluffing does not work at 2 NL, believe me I have experienced this myself. You will get called even by bottom pairs. Just wait for big hands and you will get paid profitably.

IF you wanted to bluff, raise flop IMO.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fold PF, bluffing does not work at 2 NL, believe me I have experienced this myself. You will get called even by bottom pairs. Just wait for big hands and you will get paid profitably.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying you have not had success at bluffing in $2NL or that bluffing (in general) at $2NL doesn't work? If it's the latter, it's worked for me just fine and I'm slumming right now.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:07 AM

"Villain is the type that is passive postflop, the kind that will bet the flop small, won't 3-bet back, and likes to check/call".

Then WHY are you trying to bluff this guy???? He's not folding...Semi-bluffing a calling station isn't needed either because THEY ARE NOT FOLDING when we hit our draws...
Old 06-11-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Villain is the type that is passive postflop, the kind that will bet the flop small, won't 3-bet back, and likes to check/call ...then fold to further heat ".

Then WHY are you trying to bluff this guy???? He's not folding...Semi-bluffing a calling station isn't needed either because THEY ARE NOT FOLDING when we hit our draws...

[/ QUOTE ]

I should also note that I have beat him off 1-2 other pots like this postflop, too, but none them with complete air.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying you have not had success at bluffing in $2NL or that bluffing (in general) at $2NL doesn't work? If it's the latter, it's worked for me just fine and I'm slumming right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I have seen and experience at 2NL, bluffing doesn't work. Too many calling stations and they dont know where the fold button is. But, if its working for you then good for you, all I can do is tell you what I have experienced at that level.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I have seen and experience at 2NL, bluffing doesn't work. Too many calling stations and they dont know where the fold button is. But, if its working for you then good for you, all I can do is tell you what I have experienced at that level.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but I'm pretty adept at recognizing spots to do them (bluffs) in. Even when I'm caught on the river running one, I make it up later and then some when someone doesn't believe I have the nuts. See my Aces over Kings fully hand. Although I didn't post the result, I got all-in and doubled up. I had a bad image in that game from bluffing.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:33 AM

I've played a lot of $2NL and from what I've experienced bluffing generally does'nt work. In other words, if somebody has a hand such as top pair they're likely to call a pot sized bet on the river. I think you have to keep in mind when you're bluffs work, that you're probably folding out the very weakest of the average villain's range. People often find themselves at the river with 2 unsuited, unimproved cards at $2NL, so while you may think you're bluffing them off of a 'hand', they probably had nothing all along.