Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2007, 12:38 PM

Default bet out on the flop

Is there ever an instance where you would call a raise PF and lead out on the flop with the intention of folding if raised? I guess a so calle "information bet"? What is the most effective way to mix leading flops into your play? I understand doing it with sets or big draws in order to get it all in, but who and where else do you do it? If a button raiser opens alot of hands but never folds to three bets would this be a spot you would just call pf and then lead the flop if you got a piece knowing he raises lite and wont have much of the flop? This is an area that i havent yet thought a ton about, so just wanted to see what everyone thinks about it.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:24 PM

Default Re: bet out on the flop

I lead the flop quite often into a raiser. It will depend a lot on the type of player though. However, I still do it against tight players given the right circumstances.

For example, I call a late raise in the blinds with something like 77 or 98s. If the flop comes A 8 2 rainbow, I might lead into that with both of these hands. I am trying to get KK-99 to fold to that A or other hands to give up like KQ. You will know right away if he has an A in his hand.

Another good flop I like to lead out of the blinds into a raiser is a low paired board like 9 9 2. Any two cards will do here and lots of tight players will fold high cards or sometimes just call with an overpair and check the turn for a free card.

Of course, I am talking about heads up here.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I lead the flop quite often into a raiser. It will depend a lot on the type of player though. However, I still do it against tight players given the right circumstances.

For example, I call a late raise in the blinds with something like 77 or 98s. If the flop comes A 8 2 rainbow, I might lead into that with both of these hands. I am trying to get KK-99 to fold to that A or other hands to give up like KQ. You will know right away if he has an A in his hand.

Another good flop I like to lead out of the blinds into a raiser is a low paired board like 9 9 2. Any two cards will do here and lots of tight players will fold high cards or sometimes just call with an overpair and check the turn for a free card.

Of course, I am talking about heads up here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually raise people who do this.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:04 PM

i feel like that becomes obvious very quickly. also, a good player will float you w/atc unless you double barrel quite often.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i feel like that becomes obvious very quickly. also, a good player will float you w/atc unless you double barrel quite often.

[/ QUOTE ]

true, but when a good player leads I think they usually have a strong hand.