Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Tours in China and Southeast Asia

I'm planning on taking a 2 month trip with my gf to China and Southeast Asia during August and September. At least for the China part of the trip we're looking into taking some type of tour, since there is a lot that we want to see and we don't really have the time or motivation to plan it all out ourselves. We're thinking like a 15-25 day tour in China hitting most of the major sites. We might extend this part a little so that we can see a bit of Tibet too.

Does anyone have any experience or can recommend any specific tour groups or resources? Tour groups that cater to mid 20 types and have an emphasis on a more active vacation would be good.

As for Southeast Asia, we're thinking that we're just gonna book a flight in and out of Bangkok and move around from there. Any suggestions for places not to miss here?

Thanks for any help and suggestions.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Tours in China and Southeast Asia

Haven't been myself but a couple of years ago, a couple I know were teaching in China. They went on vacation to Thailand and Vietnam. Actually let me back up a bit. It was the guy I knew and he had gone to China for 6 months to be with his girlfriend who was teaching English there. He said the best part of the trip was the time they spent in Vietnam. He said the Vietnamese are really going after the tourist trade. My friend said they hired someone (don't know how they found him) who took them out into the countryside. It was dirt cheap and fabulous. If you're interested I can ask for more info.