Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 01:54 PM

Default Flopped FH

So I flop a fullhouse and I'm not sure exactly how to play this. I'm hoping someone has a K with a good kicker, or that someone hits a smaller FH or FD. I'm not sure about bet sizes here. My thought process was not to scare them off on the flop, but calling looks suspicious, too. The turn obviously didn't help anybody so I was leary of betting here. I thought someone must have been on the FD based on the flop action so I bet out on the river.

No real reads as this is the 3rd hand at this table. What would the optimal line be here?

Stacks:
UTG: ~$10
UTG+1: ~$10
CO: ~2
Hero: ~$10

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $0.2</font>, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, CO calls, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.85, 4 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $0.5</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($2.35, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($2.35, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises all-in $1.39</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $5.13
Old 06-05-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Flopped FH

i don't get it. prob being results oriented, but you made all the money you possibly could?

as is, i would never check two streets, you can't build a pot if you start at the river
Old 06-05-2007, 02:04 PM

OK that's fair enough. I have a bit of difficulty betting out when I flop the nuts, but should I just follow the theory that if I start building a pot and they don't play back I wouldn't be getting action anyways?
Old 06-05-2007, 02:04 PM

Bet early and often flush draws are going to call as well as a wide variety of other hands (pp etc) on the flop. People just don't want to believe you have a K much less a boat. Its always easier to get people to put chips in the pot early in the hand, not so much when all the cards are out.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK that's fair enough. I have a bit of difficulty betting out when I flop the nuts, but should I just follow the theory that if I start building a pot and they don't play back I wouldn't be getting action anyways?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:14 PM

Alright, thanks guys, I'll try to get the money in there sooner. I think it's one of those "do the opposite of what you think you should do" scenarios that I have trouble with.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
. My thought process was not to scare them off on the flop, but calling looks suspicious, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Sucks to be out of position, even with a monster.

Like everyone said, bet this. Start building a pot early in the hand. You can still "slowplay" this by betting an amount that makes it right for a flush draw to call vs. trip Kings.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:34 PM

So here's a similar hand from today, I was wondering if I played this better than the OP. On that flop I thought he would be more likely to bet than to call, so that's my reasoning for the c/r:

Stacks are all ~$25.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP3 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $1.5</font>, 3 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($5.1, 3 players)
MP1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $3</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $9</font>, Button folds.
Uncalled bets: $6 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $11.1
Old 06-08-2007, 03:40 PM

This one is trickier, because there is no flush draw and no big cards. I would have led this flop. The c/r looks too strong.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:50 PM

I guess a lead would have looked more like a straight draw because the natural play for anyone holding a 5 nevermind 44 would be to c/r??? I pretty much put this guy on QQ+ or AK because he's been sitting around doing nothing for 1/2 an hour after he took a bad beat from me. I was hoping he would push back because in the chat he still seemed pretty tilty.