Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 06:00 PM

Default NL€100 - JJ against cs.

First of all I apologize about the bad HH, there's no converter avaible for hands played on the B2B network.

Ok, so this guy has minraised every hand and then minbet all streets as long as he was the aggressor. Against resistance he essentially just called down like a cs.

PF and flop feels standard, but against the overcard on turn I got unsure, how would you have played this folks?

Game # 584674941 - Texas Hold'em No Limit EUR 0.50/1 - Table "Huerto"

Players(max 6):
kakan_33 (EUR 33.69 in seat 1)
intro (EUR 103.10 in seat 2)
HE-typi (EUR 227.55 in seat 3)
rapi-d (EUR 90.75 in seat 4)
lomson (EUR 59.82 in seat 5)
magician07 (EUR 276.88 in seat 6)

Dealer: kakan_33
Small Blind: intro (0.50)
Big Blind: HE-typi (1.00)

intro was dealt: J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] - J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

rapi-d Fold
lomson Raise (2.00)
magician07 Fold
kakan_33 Fold
intro Raise (8.00)
HE-typi Fold
lomson Call (6.50)

Flop 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] - 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

intro Bet (13.00)
lomson Call (13.00)

Turn 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] - 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] - Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

intro Check
lomson Check

River 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] - 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] - Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

intro Bet (22.00)
Old 06-08-2007, 07:41 AM

Default Re: NL€100 - JJ against cs.

bump
Old 06-08-2007, 08:23 AM

seems fine given your read that you expect him to call down. his turn check is a sign of weakness imo. your decision on the river, given it is a blank, boils down to what amount do you think he'll call with and is there a greater chance he might fire a bluff bet to take down a pot he couldn't otherwise win without an opponent fold. i'd say your bet is appropriate, but at some point you also need to find out if he bets in this spot and with what if checked too (make notes of this when you do find out and a more accurate answer will become apparent).
Old 06-08-2007, 08:32 AM

I bet the turn here. He will call with a lot of worse hands. You would need to fold to a raise though.

If he calls the turn you can decide whether it's better to block the river or try to check it down if he isn't likely to call with worse (this doesn't seem to be the case).

If you think he will bet worse when checked to but wont call with worse then c/c on the river is fine.

Given your read I'd block the river after betting the turn.