Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 02:09 AM

Default So what if I had a vision from God?

So I go to sleep, and I have a talk with God. He tells me that the end is near and that there are certain things that need to be done, and I have to tell everyone else. I was not under the influence of any drugs, and am rather convinced that this experience was real. Now, assuming that you did believe in God would you take me seriously? Why?
Old 06-07-2007, 02:23 AM

Default Re: So what if I had a vision from God?

hells no

how many people in the world do you think believe that god has spoken to them in some way???

unless you are some crazy pluralist in this sense, you must admit that people believe this stuff happens when it really doesn't happen...

a friend and I once saw a car that was passing by another car, but never came out the other side...but I'm not going to assume that there was actually a ghost car rollin around by the Wendy's in Southern NJ...even though I have no way of explaining it...
Old 06-07-2007, 03:03 AM

GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS PEOPLEZ. GOD IS MADE UP BY PEOPLE. THIS HAS BEEN THE CASE SINCE THE BEGINNING OF MANKIND. WHEN YOU "SEE" OR "TALK" TO GOD, IT IS REALLY A MANIFESTATION OF WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN/HEARD SECOND-HAND ABOUT GOD FROM OTHER PEOPLE, AND THE "ORIGINAL" SOURCE MADE IT UP HIMSELF. SO THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT WHATEVER YOU AND OTHER PEOPLE MAKE UP. ITS MADE UP.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I go to sleep, and I have a talk with God. He tells me that the end is near and that there are certain things that need to be done, and I have to tell everyone else. I was not under the influence of any drugs, and am rather convinced that this experience was real. Now, assuming that you did believe in God would you take me seriously? Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

what specifically are you supposed to tell us? are the ueiga regs that bad?
Old 06-07-2007, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Will that lend credibility to our cause? What will the fundies say if more than one person has such an idea?
Old 06-07-2007, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS PEOPLEZ. GOD IS MADE UP BY PEOPLE. THIS HAS BEEN THE CASE SINCE THE BEGINNING OF MANKIND. WHEN YOU "SEE" OR "TALK" TO GOD, IT IS REALLY A MANIFESTATION OF WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN/HEARD SECOND-HAND ABOUT GOD FROM OTHER PEOPLE, AND THE "ORIGINAL" SOURCE MADE IT UP HIMSELF. SO THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT WHATEVER YOU AND OTHER PEOPLE MAKE UP. ITS MADE UP.

[/ QUOTE ]

good thing you answered his question; why do you feel the need to type in all caps?

@archon: nothing even remotely similar to this has ever happened to me, so i have no idea. do i believe you had some kind of dream/vision? yeah, i don't see why you would have any reason to lie. do i believe it was god? i don't know. the brain does all sorts of weird things and a dream like that could mean a million things. either way i don't think you should be too concerned with what anyone else thinks about it, esp since most others (even those who believe in god) are apt to shut you down.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Will that lend credibility to our cause?

[/ QUOTE ]

it might, are you a minister by chance?
Old 06-07-2007, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

@archon: nothing even remotely similar to this has ever happened to me, so i have no idea. do i believe you had some kind of dream/vision? yeah, i don't see why you would have any reason to lie. do i believe it was god? i don't know. the brain does all sorts of weird things and a dream like that could mean a million things. either way i don't think you should be too concerned with what anyone else thinks about it, esp since most others (even those who believe in god) are apt to shut you down.

[/ QUOTE ]

The situation was hypothetical. In this situation it feels real enough that I am not lying. Now the easy answer is that I was delusional or crazy but what I'm intrested in is that how much it would take would take someone to give me credit. What if they scan my brain and it turns out that I am not crazy? What if other people have had similar episodes lately? What if my predictions turn out to be true? How specific would my predictions have to be?

Now obviously this question is no fun if you don't believe in God at all, so you atheists will have to use your imagination a little. What seperates me from people in the Bible that have had visions? Their peers must have thought they were insane. (Indeed, this is why they nailed Jesus to a cross) Is the only difference that they appeared in the Bible? IMO, if you were to accept that there was a God, then it is possible to communicate with Him.

Now you could end up rejecting my vision, but how long you give thought to it given certain amounts of evidence?

[ QUOTE ]
it might, are you a minister by chance?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, nope.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Will that lend credibility to our cause? What will the fundies say if more than one person has such an idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

god told you to ask us questions?
Old 06-07-2007, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now obviously this question is no fun if you don't believe in God at all, so you atheists will have to use your imagination a little. What seperates me from people in the Bible that have had visions? Their peers must have thought they were insane. (Indeed, this is why they nailed Jesus to a cross) Is the only difference that they appeared in the Bible? IMO, if you were to accept that there was a God, then it is possible to communicate with Him.

[/ QUOTE ]

it says in the bible if you claim to be a prophet and you make a prediciton and your prediction is false then you are put to death.

so I guess if you are always right then you got no problems.