Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Are the $25 6 max games at Full Tilt getting easier?

Here's my story. I'm a recreational player that started out on Party about 2 years. Early on I took some lumps trying to learn limit before I scrapped that effort. Over the last year and half I've focused on NL cash games along with low limit SNGs. I was about to beat the party $25 NL games (controlling tilt and my penchant for moving up too quickly not withstanding).

As everyone knows, Party was shut off to me and others late last year and I moved my *huge* bankroll of $500 over to Full Tilt. I immediately noticed that those games were not nearly as soft as Party (duh!). I ended up nearly going busto before I decided that I was a better SNG player than a cash player. Since that time and almost exclusively playing SNGs, I've built my roll to around $2k. I would still dabble in some micro NL cash games but nothing serious. Then about 2 weeks ago probably out of boredom from multi-tabling $11 SNGs, I started to play some more cash games. I immediately noticed that the games seemed much softer than what I remembered from just 6 months ago. Could it be that the *fish* just took a little while to migrate from the other sites that closed down? It could also be variance or that somehow my hiatus and success at SNGs has made me a better player. Just curious on people's thoughts. I think in the long run, beating cash games will be more profitable for me (especially with rakeback).

Also I'd appreciate thoughts on my stats. Currently playing around 24/12/2 and it seems to be working for me. I realize table conditions, reads, etc all go into it but I'd like general opinions on if a 24/12/2 will consistently be able to beat micro no limit games.

Thanks, Chris
Closed Thread