Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 07:07 PM

Default 3/6 Live 93s in BB

Very LP table. Not many PF Raises. Early on so not much in the way of reads yet except for the usual playing too many hands by most.

UTG Folds, The rest of the table limps, the SB completes, Hero Raps with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB.

(8 SBs) Flop comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], SB checks, Hero Bets, Folded to HJ who calls, CO(older tourist looking guy)Raises, Btn Folds, SB folds, Hero 3 bets, HJ folds, BTn calls. HU to the turn.

(7.5 BBs)Turn comes the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Hero Bets, CO calls.

(9.5 BBs)River comes the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Hero Checks, CO bets, Hero calls.

I may have really messed this one up. Not completely sure though. Trip hands out of the SB and the BB are haunting me a lot lately. If he was on a str8 or flush draw he had odds the whole way. A gutshot he didn't quite have the Odds but then again Odds aren't considered by hardly any at 3/6.

Questions:Flop-Is this a spot for a CR or just ABC betting out like I did? People tend to get very passive with flops like these and just check them around a lot. Also, is my flop 3bet lame? With his raise on my flop bet I could be up against a few different hands here. A weak J, a strong J, most likely not a 9, str8 draw, flush draw. I was hoping to get rid of the HJ which I did to get it heads up with CO.

Turn-Not the best card for me. Turn bet okay or?

River-Def not a card I wanted to see. CC here like I did or Vbet? To me this is a C/C or C/F (I really hate to fold on the end with trips).

I haven't seen too much here on this forum about trip hands like this one. I'll have to search a bit. They are costing me $ lately. I like to play them very agg early on because they are vulnerable like this hand with this flop.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Re: 3/6 Live 93s in BB

i c/c the river as well, way better than b/f because it induces bluffs as well as makes you lose the minimum while still getting to showdown rather than folding getting like 12:1
Old 06-01-2007, 07:43 PM

overall...i doubt villain has flush draw here...i think he would not have raised on the flop thus making others cold call, he would want to keep players in to build the pot if he hits his flush...his flop play looks as if he most likely has a made hand that he is protecting by trying to push out gut shots and 5 outers...that assumes he know how to play post flop

re: check raise on flop--i would be afraid of it checking through here, no one showed strength pre-flop, and you don't know if the button/co take advantage of their position to steal orphan pots...and your bet out would also look like someone betting a flush draw into a big field for value, so anyone looking to protect a top pair would bet right after you...and also, you have a fair draw yourself at the moment, 3 clean (9 & 3 not [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) and 4 tainted the J's & 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (equal to 1.5 more clean ones?) and you will pick up more outs on the turn...

Turn...i would continue bet as you did, villain liable to check behind given your action on the flop and his passive nature...with passives you can play 5 or 6 outers on the turn as they often will not bet and give you a free card, but if i thought i was ahead, i would bet

villains play post flop looks like JT or J with high kicker, he could also have 9 with soft kicker as you did...

don't know if i could have played any better myself...if you lose, you lose

nh
Old 06-01-2007, 07:44 PM

standard. bet/folding the river would be terrible against all except the most passive opponents.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:50 PM

Looks fine

[ QUOTE ]
I like to play them very agg early on because they are vulnerable like this hand with this flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Vulnerable yet powerful since you can still make a boat.

If the board was less drawy, you might call the flop and c/r the turn. I'd jam it the same way. Most won't play trips this fast(especially on passive tables) so it's unlikely he has you outkicked.

No reason to bet the river.

b
Old 06-01-2007, 09:16 PM

the best play on the flop is usually going to be simply betting out. especially so since it should be common for us to donk a wide range of hands on that board(straight draw, a flush draw, or top pair or worse).

turn is standard.

river could be a bet/fold against alot of live players. but, since i'm generally against most any line that involves bet/folding in live low limit hold em, i like the river c/c.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:30 AM

I have had several of these trip hands in the last few weeks and have lost almost every one of them. Kind of weird. I'll bet at the pot and get called down by some draw that doesn't have odds and lose om the river. I really don't see much of a different way to play them even though they haven't been holding up for me lately.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have had several of these trip hands in the last few weeks and have lost almost every one of them. Kind of weird. I'll bet at the pot and get called down by some draw that doesn't have odds and lose om the river. I really don't see much of a different way to play them even though they haven't been holding up for me lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember that in the end it doesn't matter who the pot gets pushed to as long as you played it well.

b
Old 06-02-2007, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Trip hands out of the SB and the BB are haunting me a lot lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good thing. There will be days you will be dreaming of flopping bottom pair out of hte blinds, never mind trips.

As for the hand, very standard, you did fine. You dont want to give free cards and would rather bet-3-bet such hands.

If this was down at O11, send me a PM, I'm there all the time.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you haven't lost money, you've made money in these hands. you may have lost a couple pots, but you're making money.