Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 05:55 PM

Default Quick Valet in Vegas Question

Is valet parking easy/quick in Vegas? What is a standard tip?

I'm driving through town so I'll have my own car; I know to take the side streets and stay off the strip...

Thanks,

-ChipsAhoya
Old 06-10-2007, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Quick Valet in Vegas Question

tipping is not mandetory, but it is recomended. Seems like the standard is between 1-5 on the way in and also on the way out. Some people tip only on the way out. its all up to you. Pick and choose your valets, bigger hotels take longer to valet than it does to park it on your own. Wynn is an example of a hotel where the parking lot is so well laid out that it doesn't matter if you valet, and the Venetian's valet takes so long that its easier to park the car yourself. I always valet at Planet Hollywood because their system is very efficient and it seems to be faster than parking plus the entrance way is right in the hotel (garage makes you go through the Miracle Mile mall)... trial an error is the best way to decide but in general parking the car yourself isn't that big of a deal.

For side streets try to take industrial road whenever possible, its the fastest moving side street that is adjacent to the strip.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:22 PM

My standard was always $1 in , $1 out unless there's an unusual circumstance. The last time I valeted at the Venetian, the back-up was about 30 deep, waiting for their cars. I gave the guy a dollar and he looked at it like I put a turd in his hand and he said "Wow".

Be aware that on weekend nights, and some weekday nights, valet fills up and you need to show a room key or grease the valet pretty good.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:26 PM

Interesting.
Wasn't aware that tipping on your way in was done. I was usually $2 to $5 or so on my way out.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting.
Wasn't aware that tipping on your way in was done. I was usually $2 to $5 or so on my way out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never tipped on my way in. I could see doing it if I drove a baller car and wanted to make sure that it was well taken care of.