Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 02:33 AM

Default do all phones have texting?

when i ask a chick for her number i almost always send a text message instead of calling. i am just so used to texting because i have a phone with qwerty (sp?) pad and i am just used to it by now. anyways, i would say that most texts i send get responded to, even if nothing develops....so i started wondering what if those other texts are NOT being ignored but rather not received? so, lets assume a woman in the age range of 25-33, the odds are rather high that this sector of trim uses text messaging....right? should i stop texting on the initial probe and instead call? or ami correct in assuming these hoes use textes but just want to avoid me?
Old 05-30-2007, 02:34 AM

Default Re: do all phones have texting?

Very few phones still sold (or sold in the last 2-3 years) lack the ability to send and receive text messages. So unless you're hunting poor bitches, you should be ok.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:38 AM

Some chicks are texters, some are talkers. Usually I'll send a text first (I hate talking on the phone). If we send each other a bunch of texts all the time, I don't bother calling. If she doesn't respond to those or it's just not very good, I'll call. If I text once and call once but don't get a response, then I don't bother with it anymore.

Anyway to really answer your question, basically all text messages will go through.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:40 AM

hrmmm, see i view it as if they don't respond to a text, why call? have you had success with the no response (at all) to text, but when you called things progressed?
Old 05-30-2007, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hrmmm, see i view it as if they don't respond to a text, why call? have you had success with the no response (at all) to text, but when you called things progressed?

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me: if you have the girl's phone number saved WITHOUT the area code, the text will usually not go through. I learned this working at stupid-ass Sprint. Even if you're in the same area. It doesn't work like phone calls.

So if you may have sent a text to a 7 digit number instead of a 10 digit number, she may legitimately not have gotten it.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:43 AM

Yeah, I've met girls that hate texting for whatever reason, they'd just rather talk. Also it's so easy for a chick to get a text but be busy, plan to respond later, and forget. I don't think that means they have really lower interest, it's kind of a risk you take with texts. On the other hand some girls are crazy text whores who will seemingly respond before you've even finished sending your message.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This reminds me: if you have the girl's phone number saved WITHOUT the area code, the text will usually not go through. I learned this working at stupid-ass Sprint. Even if you're in the same area. It doesn't work like phone calls.

So if you may have sent a text to a 7 digit number instead of a 10 digit number, she may legitimately not have gotten it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice I had no idea, it did seem weird that my texts didnt go through to everyone. Also, I've somehow stuck with sprint for well over 2 years, eventhough I know they are the worst by far.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
qwerty (sp?)

[/ QUOTE ]

HA!
Old 05-30-2007, 03:30 AM

jesus,

Thank you for saying what I was thinking.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:39 AM

no way. even old ass nokias from 6 years ago had text messaging