Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 01:44 PM

Default Deep in $200 tourny - KQos

I've been playing well, but the FT bubble is about to burst. There are 17 or so left with an average M of around 8ish. There's currently a 4 way pf AI at the other table. I have an M of 6. I'm dealt KQos in UTG+1. I'm around 8th in chips.

If I were in LP, this would be a very simple shove, but can this ever really be a good move? HoH suggests I should be shoving here.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Deep in $200 tourny - KQos

Whether pushing KQo in Ep is a good move depends on a number of factors you haven't mentioned. Your table image (Have you been stealing a lot? What have you been showing down?), the agressiveness/weakness of the players to act, and the stack sizes of the Button, SB/BB.

You basically are on a steal with paint that is easily dominated. However, if the table is passive, I've open pushed with lesser cards.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whether pushing KQo in Ep is a good move depends on a number of factors you haven't mentioned. Your table image (Have you been stealing a lot? What have you been showing down?), the agressiveness/weakness of the players to act, and the stack sizes of the Button, SB/BB.

You basically are on a steal with paint that is easily dominated. However, if the table is passive, I've open pushed with lesser cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

My image should be very solid. The table is pretty passive. I have not been stealing enough probably, but have done my share. The only other hand I open-pushed was TT and that was from EP as well.

I have one person with a bigger stack to act and most with less or similar sized stacks.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My image should be very solid. The table is pretty passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard push. If someone wakes up with a hand, that's just bad luck (but still a good push).
Old 05-29-2007, 03:00 PM

Considering stack sizes I think you need to push. If you were very short and assured of getting a couple of calls,you might want to let the bubble burst. From the conditions described, it sounds like an easy all in.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:19 PM

M is 6, but what is the ante?

Is this live? Does only final table pay?
Old 05-29-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been playing well, but the FT bubble is about to burst. There are 17 or so left with an average M of around 8ish. There's currently a 4 way pf AI at the other table. I have an M of 6. I'm dealt KQos in UTG+1. I'm around 8th in chips.

If I were in LP, this would be a very simple shove, but can this ever really be a good move? HoH suggests I should be shoving here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think Harrington gives an example where he pushed with M of 4 with a large ante.

I think this is pretty borderline. Also, M of 6 means 9xBB, 12xBB, or 18xBB. I don't know if I would open push 18xBB from early position.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:42 PM

Your m=6, Im assuming that is prob 15bb, if that is the case then what is wrong with a 2.5bb bet? Given your image, your position and how far into the tourney it is, you will very rarely get popped by a hand that doesnt have you dominated (cept 99-jj). If you get popped obv. fold now 12.5bb, still enough to make effective shortstack work. I could be off, but if ur at a somewhat passive table, why wouldnt this be the better play than shoving?

However if youre 10bb obv push.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:53 PM

This online, I'm ITM.

I believe blinds are 2k/4k with 250 ante or close to it. I have 42k, so I have 10ish BB with an M of more like 5.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This online, I'm ITM.

I believe blinds are 2k/4k with 250 ante or close to it. I have 42k, so I have 10ish BB with an M of more like 5.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is fairly close, but a push.

What's the avator? A picture of you beating your wife?