Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 06:04 AM

Default AP 3/6. Getting owned by MilesDyson

We dont have much history. He knows that I know who his is and he knows I am 2p2.

To the hand

Hero is BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Miles opens HJ, all folds I call

Flop (~4 SB)
K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I c/c!!

turn (~6BB)
[K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Miles checks behind making me his little bitch.

My flop c/c sucks right? He checks behind way to often when I peel this flop so when I do get to c/r the turn I am getting the worst of it or sometimes folding hands that would call down a flop c/r, no?
Old 05-28-2007, 06:50 AM

Default Re: AP 3/6. Getting owned by MilesDyson

remember i said "ugh"
Old 05-28-2007, 07:03 AM

c/r the flop normally, sometimes something else....
Old 05-28-2007, 09:15 AM

c/r flop.
yes he does check behind the turn a lot after you peel that flop. your hand really looks like a K. I know that I would expect you to c/r semibluff your draws on that board.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:27 AM

and your small pairs because you don't want to give him free cards with a 6 out draw
Old 05-28-2007, 01:41 PM

Check raise your kings, your small pairs, your flush draws, and J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on this flop.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:17 PM

Against non-thinking LAG spewers, I like just calling the flop and c/r the turn. Against Miles you should just raise the flop and hope he thinks you're on a FD or FOS.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when I do get to c/r the turn I am getting the worst of it or sometimes folding hands that would call down a flop c/r, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

When you're OOP you can't always get what you want. You have a choice against a good player here. You can c/c, not pushing off his bad hands, and give him two "free" cards, or you can not.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:53 PM

There isn't really a "great" way to play boards like this vs a HJ opener.
The biggest reason is you have to accomdate to his playing style, and it leaves him in control of what you should do.

If they're checking behind and calling with ace high, it's not a big loss. While you don't get payed off as much from pairs < K, you lose the least from KJ+ and get payed off the most with all their ace high hands.

C/R all your hands here are probabily the best if they don't semi bluff raise very often on scary boards like this.
You can be put to some very tough decisions if they raise you on the turn. From my experiences most players would not bluff raise you much on this turn, so it's my default play.

If they're checking behind and folding ace high because they know your range is so pair heavy, then it's best to mix it up with some call bluffs.
When you call the flop you are OFTEN getting two cards for the price of one flop bet. If they do check behind the turn, they probabily don't have a pair > K, so your investment was well worth it. If an obvious draw completes on the river, you can take a profitable bluff at the pot.

Another line to consider is if there is a draw on the flop, but it's still fairly rag. To c/c the flop and donk the turn. Since it's not a standard line, many people wont know how to handle it and react poorly. Some people raise instantly with almost anything, some call down extremly light, and others will fold any non pair. Myles doesn't play robot poker though, so I think he wouldn't be the person to try it on. I sometimes do this to certain TAG's who play all the time to "see how they react" and find out if it's a hole in their game or not. Take a possible -EV play now at a chance at an exploit in the future.

Summary:

1) Peel flops much lighter if they check behind a lot. Add "call bluffing hands" Consider bluffing river on RAG boards.
2) Non standard lines can induce players to play stupid.
3) If they won't semi bluff raise you on a turn like this, c/r flop with your distribution and fold all your pairs < K to a turn raise.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:59 PM

miles made a post talking about how much he checks the turn. your play is really bad here imo.