Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Anyone play at Betzip?

I came across All in strategy for this new site that is based in the US since they don't charge rake. They have tourneys going on all day.

Their site says you can play for 2 weeks free but you do have to register a credit card. The strategy is just to go all in until you build a stack then play your normal game. Seems like a decent way to make a few bucks with out risking anything. When I called they said if you cancel your credit card before the 2 weeks is up you won't be charged.

Also thought it was interesting that a company came up with a way around the laws. They charge like $20 a month to play on there site but since you are just paying a subscription fee they are allowed to operate from the US.

Anyone have experience there?
Old 06-07-2007, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Anyone play at Betzip?

Looks like a play money site? No money won or lost except the subscription fee? If thats the case it makes no sense because you can play for play money free on all the sites US player or not. Am I missing something here?
Old 06-07-2007, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Anyone play at Betzip?

Sorry I didn't explain it. You do win money at this site. They pay out $2,500 a day and more on the weekends. There are various prize pools ranging from $10, $20, $50, $100, $200, $1,000 $5,000 and $20,000.

From what I understand they are charging you for the service to play on their site (subscription fee). There is no rake taken and you don't have to pay buy in fees for the tourneys. This gets them around the laws.

Because of this there are no cash games and only tourneys. I was thinking about just signing up to play the nightly $1,000 prize pool tourneys. 1st is $300 and since you get 2 weeks free, you got 14 shots at that.