Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2007, 01:50 PM

Default LOL FPS, LOL Full Ring?

Yeah, I was playing some full ring last night. Well, not exactly full. I was playing at one of FTP's 8 max tables. I'm not sure why they need to have 6, 8 and 9 max, but they do now. Anyway, this table was a dream. Less preflop raising that I expect for 5/10, and the table average VPIP is just above 40.

The PFR was 55/17, UTG+1 40/5, the cold caller 55/40 (15 hands, though), and the BB was kind of a nit, 26/0, but again, small sample. There were usually 4 to the flop. I'd even taken down pot that was capped 4 ways preflop (only me with AA and one other guy with QQ were the people raising).

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is UTG with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, 3 folds, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (10.5SB, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero calls,

My plan was to just c/r the PFR, but I hated the relative position of that donkbet...

UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>
Old 05-26-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Re: LOL FPS, LOL Full Ring?

IMO this is fine given that your opponents look to be terrible. If they could read hands they should put you on exactly 22 or 55 at this point meaning you probably get more action either raising immediately, or call the raise planning to c/r the turn (even though that's also obviously a set, at least it gets in more money before tipping your hand).
Old 05-26-2007, 01:59 PM

I like your plan. Then when it got messed up, I like your play since BB didn't 3bet, so this your only way to build the pot more on the flop. I think it gives your hand away though since you probably don't have an overpair with no PFR and AT probably raises the donk from the BB. Of course, I wouldn't expect UTG+1, MP1, or MP2 to realize this while they might figure out what's going on on the turn if you wake up there on a blank.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:24 PM

this isn't standard?

again, one of the very few spots where i like a "slowplay": strong hand, raggedy-ass board, bad relative position. once everyone is trapped for more bets, you pull the trigger.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:39 PM

I think you can be quite confident that a turn bet is coming from MP2 after he raises this super dry board. Your decision to take the money now certainly has merit, but you have essentially turned your hand face up. I think you make a little more by continuing your slowplay and check-raising the turn.

good luck.
eric
Old 05-26-2007, 02:46 PM

I don't know if people magically get stupider at 3/6+ but if I pull this trick at 1/2 I either get two folds or check/called down by top pair.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if people magically get stupider at 3/6+ but if I pull this trick at 1/2 I either get two folds or check/called down by top pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is far from a standard 5/10 game. In a standard 5/10 game I wouldn't play the hand at all, but if I misclick-called I'm definitely going with the call/call/cr turn plan.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:23 PM

what was these guys' WTSD?
Old 05-26-2007, 04:08 PM

I think there are some overcards that mite make MP stupidly ck behind when he should bet fold the turn w TPTK, plus if u just call to cr the turn ur still facing UTG and the other MP with two bets cold. I give up the slowplay after the flop goes how u want, the money went in now just push. I think u end up shutting out MP and UTG here, but letting them put in a sb on the flop just washes out the 2sbs BB and MP will much more likely put in now. I also think these bad players will call 2 cold off the flop here more easily than on the bigger street and u can start tying people to the pot hoping for multiple overcalls throughout the hand. U do turn ur face up but vs these type of players value lost slowplaying isnt often made up through deception, u also show quite a bit of strength either way no matter when ur raise goes in, here or cr'ing the turn.

fwiw I think ur initial flop line is totally standard whether the villains are poor or not. The players behind u IMO would be correct to raise many holdings so let them and then the pot can grow rather than raise and shut out all the weak pairs that will call a sb here or possibly raise when otherwise they would fold drawing close to dead most likely.

U really dont have to worry about gutters on this board either, not many holdings of theirs should be in that range cold calling preflop.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what was these guys' WTSD?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sample size is pretty small here to say much about WtSD. They were on the loose side.