Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 01:04 PM

Default AA vs cr on mono board

3/6 wpex

utg raises, hero 3bets AA utg +1 (no spade), bb calls, utg calls

bb is standard aggro wpex lag tag, but mite call too many hands in this spot (what is standard for villain to be calling with here? what would be considered playing well in this spot?)

flop 9 3 2 all spades

ck ck hero bets, bb cr's, utg folds hero calls (standard not to 3bet here correct)

turn red 8
bb bets, hero.... (advantages/ disadvantages to raising now or waiting to raise a blank river?)... hero calls planning to call a 4 flush river or bet/ raise/ call a blank river, cking behind other 4 flush rivers... good plan bad plan?

river As
bb checks, hero bets... good bad?
Old 05-23-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: AA vs cr on mono board

I'm always raising this turn after just calling the flop. If he only has a flush draw he's still calling. Also, if he's got a pair (no spade) and the river is a spade, very good chance it will go check check.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:04 PM

i would raise the turn here 100%. it's easy for villain to put you on the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and call down.

in BB's spot, i'm calling AJs+, AQo+ KQs, 77+. maybe too tight.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:06 PM

raise turn he chks river too much if u call turn
Old 05-26-2007, 12:30 PM

bump for follow up questions

[ QUOTE ]
i would raise the turn here 100%. it's easy for villain to put you on the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and call down.

in BB's spot, i'm calling AJs+, AQo+ KQs, 77+. maybe too tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually call this tight/tighter in BBs spot if the sb is the 3bettor or if its CO and button open and 3betting not utg and utg+1. I muck AJs and AQo and 88 vs some tightish 3bettors and occasionally vs standard 3bettors in those spots. Id muck vs either always if the 3bettor was UTG+1 and probably AQs? is this all too tight in the BB?

I was kinda mad as soon as i didnt raise the turn for the reason people stated (we too often dont get to make up for the value we pass up on the turn, since it often goes ck ck on a spade or he ck calls a blank) but wasnt sure if I could fold to a 3bet here. Is our equity on the turn on this mono board still more than enough where raising and calling down would be more EV than not raising? What range our we putting on villains protected pot cr, and how often do the worser hands (mid PPs with no spade) folding to a raise or how often do we make villain make a mistake by folding a mid spade w/ something like 66? ever?

Also what line would u take with the As, 3bet flop or wait and raise turn, some balanced strat? If we raised the turn here would u valuebet this river, seems even worse that when than vb'ing the way it actually played out no? Was the vb +EV in the OP?