Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 09:58 AM

Default KTs vs the blinds

It was early in the session so no real reads on the villain(s) other than the table has been tight with a lot of blind stealing. I was a little cold decked and having a bad session which sometimes leads to me playing too passively.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero??

Okay, I opened raised figuring probably to take down the blinds. Both called and on the flop, I end up with middle pair against an overcard, a possible flush draw, and maybe a backdoor straight draw. The SB checks and the BB donks.

What's your line in this situation against basically unknowns? Is it a raise or fold situation? Do you raise to get rid of the SB and reevaluate after the BB's response?

Doc
Old 05-24-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Re: KTs vs the blinds

Hmmm. The pots not that big and BB has bet into you as the preflop raiser. He might have a draw or possibly is ahead with something like Ax.

Nonetheless, you have position, could have the best hand and probably some outs if behind. So, I think that I would call, see what SB does and re-evaluate on the turn.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:28 AM

I probably go:

raise flop, bet turn, chk behind river

or

raise flop, call 3-bet, fold turn UI
Old 05-24-2007, 12:40 PM

raising is interesting. seems normal at this stakes....

betting into hero, when villain must fear an A with hero raising from MP preflop, looks quite strong, but maybe that's just what it should.

i'm calling to my 5 outs, hoping SB gets along and I'll fold the turn UI to continued aggression of an unknown. A fold on the flop would encourage donking IMHO.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:52 PM

Unless you have been stealing a lot, I would fold in this spot. HU, I wouldn't worry so much about the donk, but the fact that SB is now acting after you is troublesome. Since the table has been tight, I'd give him credit for some sort of hand when he cool calls. True a raise may push him out, but it's also a relatively small pot considering you may be getting trapped. Plus, if you're ahead, it's probably not by much, but you could be far behind if behind.

If you do continue, it should be for a raise, IMO.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raising is interesting. seems normal at this stakes....

betting into hero, when villain must fear an A with hero raising from MP preflop, looks quite strong, but maybe that's just what it should.

i'm calling to my 5 outs, hoping SB gets along and I'll fold the turn UI to continued aggression of an unknown. A fold on the flop would encourage donking IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

If behind, I think 5 outs is too generous.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:02 PM

i would raise and go from there.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:23 PM

I would raise the flop and get sb out of the way and then re-evaluate turn. If bb checks then bet, and if he bets then a fold might come in hand.
Would'nt call the flop tho, raise or fold.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:39 PM

He might donk because he got a flush draw and wants to take down the pot right here. I'd raise and reevaluate on the turn. If a spade hits and he bets i fold, same for another overcard to my hand.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:24 PM

I'll take buzz's line here. I've seen too many players bluffdonk an A high flop with either a draw or air at this limit.